• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2019: Peter Rabbit Hippity Hop - Junior Drop Towers for CBeebies Land

Stunning. Outstanding. Quality. Innovative. Unique.

This is none of those.

They have (in my opinion) already saturated the Cbeebies market and this will make absolutely no difference to those kids. This is just Merlin chucking some recycled crap because it helps them, and gives Towers an opportunity to say they have something new.

Tell me when its 2020 and Towers might try something of substance.

Kids under 1.2 need more things to do, not just a slightly bigger frog hopper!

If CCL doesn’t open as has been suggested loosing another 2 attractions is just stupidity

It looks like a nice little plussing of arguably the most complete area in Alton Towers.
Clearly it was an opportunity to recycle a ride; but nothing wrong with that if everyone gets something out of it, and it isn't a ride on its last legs (?). A little more capacity over there is a good thing for everyone visiting.

It does absolutely nothing for the other 90% of the customers, particularly the over CBeebies but not ready for Rita, that is so badly served currently. Wickerman did a little, but there is a widening need for family flat rides; not least because the few that are there are at or past end of life, and will likely be retiring over the next few years.

Add the fact that parents can't ride with their kids.
Whats this based on??

------------------------------------

Whilst something different would be nice this is replacing a very popular kids attraction (0.9m kids, not babies don't forget) with a new refreshed version whilst more than doubling capacity and moving it to a more accessible location. Seems like a fair plan to me.

I also don't for one moment think its accidental that this leaves the CCL Frog Hopper open for removal therefore further emptying CCL (ready for redevelopment). Think of it as preparation works for a new area whilst not losing another ride if that helps you feel better about this attraction.

The cliched theme for these types of attractions is a frog but I'm not aware of any CBeebies programs with a frog as a main character. Whichever IP they choose is quite important from a marketing perspective as it is part of what will attract visitors.

Peter Rabbit would be a strong IP if they can secure that, especially with the Peter Rabbit 2 film due out next year. With Peter and co. being bunnies it also goes with the bouncing theme!

I don't know why people are getting their knickers in a twist, really.

Don't get me wrong - they are cheap rides and second hand, but I don't think the resort even had other additions planned for 2019 other than Dungeons/pods. They're literally bonus capacity for CBeebies Land, which does suffer on medium and busy days. Remember Sea Life was second hand, too. They're coming from a closed small Merlin German park.

With CCL rumoured to get a full retheme/change in the next couple of years, Frog Hopper's time could be up soon too. Alton have proven already that CBeebies rides tend to be pretty nicely presented and I am sure these two towers will have an audio package and themed surroundings.

It's of no interest to me, but similarly, it doesn't offend me either. It's probably costing ATR a couple of hundred thousand for the entire thing.

If only they had a show arena where they could put the Peter Rabbit IP to use. Maybe an ice show with originally composed music or something.

Crazy idea I know.

One benefit of the Dungeon will be that the size of ATR's entertainments/acting team will be significantly enhanced in terms of numbers.

If only they had a show arena where they could put the Peter Rabbit IP to use. Maybe an ice show with originally composed music or something.

Crazy idea I know.
I thought they demolished the Ice Arena in favour of Big Fun Showtime, correct me if I'm wrong?

I thought they demolished the Ice Arena in favour of Big Fun Showtime, correct me if I'm wrong?

The Ice Arena was mothballed long before CBeebies was even a twinkle in the eye. It was dangerous by the end.