• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2019: Rulantica

I’ve just booked a break to Europa-Park staying in Rust at the end of May. Hopefully I’ll be able to take trip over to Krønasår on the evening of 31st May once the park has closed.

As Danny says, Rulantica will open in November 2019 and they are very confident of it opening on time (it is all on schedule).

EuropaStreet were fortunate enough to be given a tour of the Rulantica construction site last week and it is mighty impressive! The main waterpark hall is a huge structure that is really starting to take shape. Work is progressing well on the main wave pull and slides are going up on the completed slide tower complex. Park of the lazy river is also in place.

Work is continuing on the second slide tower complex before any slides can go up here. The outdoor wild river will begin construction when much of the equipment and materials needed for the main hall have been used/moved.

Rulantica will feature one main restaurant (pizza/pasta), a burger joint, a pool bar and one other F&B outlet that slips my mind. RFID wristbands will be utilised for payments.

It will be essential to pre-book Rulantica tickets online if you wish to visit due to the limited capacty of 3,000 - 4,000 people. The standard closing time for Rulatnca will be 18:00 but there will likely be occasions and events where it does open later.

I am very excited to see how it all turns out and needless to say that my expecations are high. It is new territory for Europa-Park but they rarely fail to deliver a quality product.

Krønasår is also coming along very nicely indeed and is massive!

Thanks to Europa-Park for allowing us to take a look around their biggest ever project to date.

As Danny says, Rulantica will open in November 2019 and they are very confident of it opening on time (it is all on schedule).

Darn, was hoping to hopefully get into Rulantica when I visit Mid-October, guess it is just an excuse for ANOTHER return visit.

That's pretty much the ONLY acceptable use for an RFID writband. And given Germany's privacy laws, I would be reasonably confident that that's ALL they would be used for.

EuropaStreet were fortunate enough to be given a tour of the Rulantica construction site last week and it is mighty impressive! The main waterpark hall is a huge structure that is really starting to take shape. Work is progressing well on the main wave pull and slides are going up on the completed slide tower complex. Park of the lazy river is also in place.

Work is continuing on the second slide tower complex before any slides can go up here. The outdoor wild river will begin construction when much of the equipment and materials needed for the main hall have been used/moved.

Rulantica will feature one main restaurant (pizza/pasta), a burger joint, a pool bar and one other F&B outlet that slips my mind. RFID wristbands will be utilised for payments.

It will be essential to pre-book Rulantica tickets online if you wish to visit due to the limited capacty of 3,000 - 4,000 people. The standard closing time for Rulatnca will be 18:00 but there will likely be occasions and events where it does open later.

I am very excited to see how it all turns out and needless to say that my expecations are high. It is new territory for Europa-Park but they rarely fail to deliver a quality product.

Krønasår is also coming along very nicely indeed and is massive!

Thanks to Europa-Park for allowing us to take a look around their biggest ever project to date.

Thanks for the info, sounds promising for our December trip fingers crossed!

Don’t come at me with pitchforks EP fans, but 6pm close does sound a bit early. Dare I say it, even Towers open their waterpark until 8pm in the summer. Hopefully it will be extended :)

I was thinking about that too but unlike Alton Towers all of the resort's other hotels have pools and they remain open late into the evening. Rulantica can therefore be classed as a stand alone second attraction, like the waterparks in Disney World which also have similar opening hours.
Also the main park is only advertised as a 6pm close but is quite often flexible.

Thanks for the info, sounds promising for our December trip fingers crossed!

Don’t come at me with pitchforks EP fans, but 6pm close does sound a bit early. Dare I say it, even Towers open their waterpark until 8pm in the summer. Hopefully it will be extended :)
EP are just cautious. They are with everything. I'm sure it'll open past 6pm.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The common closing time for most spas, public baths and saunas is 10pm in Germany. I think Rulantica will take care of that.

This article confirms that entry to Rulantica for adults will cost just under €40. This is cheaper than the huge Tropical Islands waterpark in Germany but more expensive than others.

I suppose with quite a limited capacity and plenty of onsite hotel guests wishing to visit there is not too much worry of it being too expensive.

Will it just be a single entry for all areas?

Water Parks in Germany are so much more advanced than UK ones. Some of them have adult only areas for an additional upcharge. Just scan the RFID wristband at the entrance to the area and it lets you enter and you pay the balance of the wristband when you leave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

As far as I am aware it is one single entry yes. There is a VIP area above the main restaurant but I imagine this will be for private hire and special events.

I’m not sure if I had a particular expectation of pricing level, but my first reaction to €40 was “pricey”. Yes, it will undoubtedly be of a good quality, but at this price it’s definitely priced as a whole day experience. It will be interesting to see whether it does indeed live up to that.

It’ll also be interesting to see what packages, if any, they offer with the main park and for hotel guests.

It’ll also be interesting to see what packages, if any, they offer with the main park and for hotel guests.

Don't expect many! There may be packages for hotel stays, particularly for Krønasår out of the main season, but the vast majority of guests will have to pay the full entry price. They are not expecting any problems with it selling out.

If all else fails, there's always the waterway at the back of the hotel between it and Rulantica...

Reactions: Rob