• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2020: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
That seems madness. If you need to wait outside of the main queue as you can't deal with the crowds due to autism, surely it shouldn't matter if you are on your own.
It's a very insulting rule. Disabled people know themselves better than anyone else and it should be up to them if they need assistance. It must cost a bomb paying for fastrack every visit.

It's a very insulting rule. Disabled people know themselves better than anyone else and it should be up to them if they need assistance. It must cost a bomb paying for fastrack every visit.

I can understand to an extent with physical disabilities, as if someone needs a small amount of assistance getting into a coaster seat, the staff cannot help so they need a carer to just hold their balance to get into the seat. But for autisim-spectrum conditions where it is the wait in line that is the issue, rather than the steps I can't see any need for a carer.

Isn’t this rule in place for ride breakdown situations? For a prolonged breakdown/evacuation a carer (ie someone who has the knowledge of the guests needs) will be better placed to help than a member of staff who isn’t trained in that side of things, and also has a train load of other guests to attend to.

Isn’t this rule in place for ride breakdown situations? For a prolonged breakdown/evacuation a carer (ie someone who has the knowledge of the guests needs) will be better placed to help than a member of staff who isn’t trained in that side of things, and also has a train load of other guests to attend to.
The reasoning is because it's a "cognitive" disability we might not be able to cope In an emergency solo, it's a crappy reason considering I've had a few ride evacs and theres only been one time I haven't coped at a park and that wasnt on a ride (island security incident)

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Yep it costs a ton, kind of why I liked map VIP when that was a thing and the THORPE season fastrack when that was a thing.
At the moment it's basically a choice between don't go or or but have speech quit out on me as a coping mechanism.

I have to wait outside the entrance to the ride while my parents try and find a group of 3 or less who are happy to be my carer.
Ah right, I thought you meant wait at the entrance to Towers and ask someone to come with you for the day. Either way, sounds like a plan! Could be a good way to meet other enthusiasts too.
I've done that before for another rap user who posted on a group!

That also works!

On a side note, I have been there begging people to come on rides with me, but it was due to a minimum number of people per car requirement. Trying this in China, without speaking Chinese, wasn't fun, but it worked :)

I can understand to an extent with physical disabilities, as if someone needs a small amount of assistance getting into a coaster seat, the staff cannot help so they need a carer to just hold their balance to get into the seat. But for autisim-spectrum conditions where it is the wait in line that is the issue, rather than the steps I can't see any need for a carer.
Physically disabled guests can get carer free if I remember correctly.

@imanautie do you know what the capacity of the park is on 15th July roughly? That's the date I'm planning on going
For passholders 1200 (744 remaining)
For standard day tickets 1700 (779 remaining)

There's no way for me to see hotel numbers so that+any tickets under packages other then those 2.

For passholders 1200 (744 remaining)
For standard day tickets 1700 (779 remaining)

There's no way for me to see hotel numbers so that+any tickets under packages other then those 2.

Wait so are you indicating that plus hotel guests the capacity is only like 3.5k

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.