2020: General Discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Danny, 20th Nov 2019.

1. Steve74

Steve74 TowersStreet Member

Talking of Merlin...

Alsty, imanautie and Matt N like this.
  2. OilyWater

OilyWater TowersStreet Member

Alton Towers getting a release would be cool, because most the time the music actually sounds really good in the park. Good on them for planning to release it (if true)

Unlike Thorpe’s release, where the music seemed to be made more just to sell the CD, and I dont even think most the tracks went in the park? Some parts were improved but the park still felt a big mess

It’s a nice souvenir anyway, maybe it can stop all the weird audio leaks on YouTube.

3. djtruefitt

djtruefitt TS Site Team Team Member

To be fair IMAScore do sell CDs on their online shop, some parks sell them only in their parks, and some of the tracks are only online, so it seems to be down to the park as to how songs are released.

4. spinba11

spinba11 TowersStreet Member

Where can I listen to the full wicker man track?

5. imanautie

imanautie TowersStreet Member

YouTube?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

6. Steve74

The only ones I know of is the one IMAScore released officially in 2018 and one of the area audio that someone recorded

7. James

James TS Founding Member

A CD of Towers music will very much be for the enthusiasts, I can't imagine many people out of this circle would really want a CD. Still, great to see even though it has taken them so long!

I think it's a shame downloadable tracks haven't become a thing, especially with new rides (Wicker Man, for example) - it seems a missed opportunity to make some easy money from enthusiasts and even non-enthusiasts.

speedy and imanautie like this.
  8. jon81uk

jon81uk TowersStreet Member

I don't think selling via iTunes would make any easy money really, each track would still get pennies. Whereas a CD will sell for a lot more.

9. James

James TS Founding Member

Usually someone 'in the know' or someone working for Towers/Merlin nabs the audio and uploads it.

Towers/Merlin did once a huge clampdown on audio being uploaded to YouTube. A very long time ago a mysterious member joined TTF and pretty much shared the entire Merlin library of audio which of course people had a field day and downloaded every single piece. Merlin quickly swung by, had the legal team contact Team TTF at the time and all of the posts/threads were swiftly removed. Following that every bit of audio you could think of started disappearing off of YouTube for copyright infringement.

As the years have gone by and in more recent years it seems a lot of audio has made its way back online with no action taken to remove it. I guess the Merlin legal team are busy with other things.

I remember after that there was a bit of a 'black market' with audio which was amusing.

I've always been one of those that collect Towers audio and it's a shame how difficult newer tracks are to find these days. You either come across it by complete accident online before it gets removed, or get very kind people who do have audio you're looking for and share with you privately (the audio 'black market').

Sell via their website/mobile app? Guaranteed there will be costs associated with it somewhere, although digital audio is more likely to have mass appeal compared to CDs where you're attracting a niche audience (for theme park audio that is).

Alsty likes this.
  10. jon81uk

jon81uk TowersStreet Member

Its a niche market no matter whether it is a CD or an mp3. But a CD can be sold for a higher price.

Basically, you could buy a couple of tracks at 99p each, or a CD for £12 (for example), therefore forcing everyone to get the CD would bring more income.

Islander and BarryZola like this.
  11. imanautie

It's rediculously cheap to start selling digital audio, I'm surprised a company like imascore doesn't have their own platform for it.

12. Steve74

Talking of [legally for sale] online music, I'm sure many of you know that you can get Nemesis, The Black Hole, Haunted House, Toyland Tours and music from other parks from here:

https://graham-smart.bandcamp.com/

Alsty and imanautie like this.
  13. Ethan

Ethan TowersStreet Member

Where's everyone heading then when the park reopens? I'm torn between wicker man and the smiler

14. Josh

Josh TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Nemesis
    The Welcom-Inn ;)

....then maybe Nemesis

Jonathan likes this.
  15. imanautie

It's got to be nemmy, wave If you see me :)

Ethan likes this.
  16. Ethan

@imanautie do you have any idea as to what the capacity might be on 15th July as that's the day I plan on going

17. Error

Error TowersStreet Member

Sarcasm, no?

18. imanautie

I rely on fastrack for accessibility reasons so no, not being sarcastic.
    I'm autistic so not allowed carer less rap.

19. Ethan

Why don't they just give you RAP. So you have to pay for fastrack every time you want to go on a ride? If I were you I would ask for RAP

20. Thameslink Rail

Thameslink Rail TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    The Smiler
    He says that he doesn't want to use RAP because it requires a carer (I have the same problem)