2020: General Discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Danny, 20th Nov 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ringo

ringo TowersStreet Member

Pretty much as I expected but doesn’t bode well for future if they do increase capacity.

MaxPower and BarryZola like this.
  2. Skyscraper

Skyscraper TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Nemesis
    As has been said, I think the reason for Duel is the moving loading/unloading, which involves a constant flow of guests from different cars. Tomb Blaster has stationary loading/unloading so it's easier to keep guests apart.

ringo likes this.
  3. TPJames

TPJames TowersStreet Member

Thank you, finally someone who understands what I’m saying. Pleasure beach are probably the UKs leading park for customer service right now, I admire how hard they have been working.

If chessington can open tomb blaster and Europa park and Phantasialand can open their shooting rides, there’s really no excuse for duel to be closed. If Phantasialand efteling and Europa park can open their mad houses, towers can open hex.

At the end of the day it boils down to budget cuts why these rides are closed. Pick out the rides people are least likely to notice are closed and slash them from your park offering to save some money. You can argue all you want it’s social distancing measures but when other parks open similar style attractions it’s just not the case.

Regardless of this, parks at this current time should be posting on their website what attractions aren’t operating right now. It’s what any respectable and professional park would do (and what most are doing).

I don’t agree with full paying customers not being told that 2 of Alton’s major coasters (Rita and th13teen) are going to be closed, along with an array of other attractions. The planned closures should be advertised in advance on the website, as Europa, efteling, chessington are doing etc. It’s hardly much to ask.

Croftybaby likes this.
  4. TPJames

Geister ricksha and abenteuer Atlantis are open in germany? Policies can easily be in place for continuous loaders, it’s not that difficult.

5. Skyscraper

Favourite Ride:
    Nemesis
    Thirteen requires a minimum of 18 guests per train in order to clear the second lift hill. That's more than half the train needing to be full.

6. rob666

rob666 TowersStreet Member

They havent had months to get everything working, staff have not been working...furlough.
    I am not a season pass holder, despite my tone, I simply have realistic expectations in the current situation.
    And how many full paying punters do you think the Towers have visiting today?
    I bet you could fit them on a single nemesis train!

MaxPower and jon81uk like this.
  7. John

John TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance
    Just heard an announcement on Spinball, single riders cannot ride at the moment - possibly due to rain, I couldn't hear clearly over the ride itself

EDIT: 1 group per car due to social distancing, no single riders for the foreseeable

Last edited: 4th Jul 2020
  8. Danscott22

Danscott22 TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Falcon's Fury
    The problem is they are saying on twitter they intended to have all outdoor attractions open today, instead of just being honest at why Thirteen is not running in particular. Essentially they're saying they planned to have it running, when we know they didn't.

Croftybaby likes this.
  9. TPJames

And I have realistic expectations that alton towers should do the right thing and put a list of the unavailable attractions in their FAQs section of their website. It’s realistic to point out that lying and cheating customers out of their money isn’t the way forward. Rita and 13teen are advertised on the website, it doesn’t say they are going to be closed for the time being, so they shouldn’t be closed.

I’m pretty sure the park is either sold out or close to full capacity today, so there’s probably a couple of thousands full paying ticket holders? Not everyone can afford annual passes, some people only visit once a year, and it’s hardly a good experience to be greeted with an abundance of closed rides on your annual visit.

10. siralgenon

siralgenon TowersStreet Member

So has every other park? Yet they have everything ready. It's not an excuse.

11. Islander

Islander TowersStreet Member

From the park Ts&Cs:

rob666, Skyscraper and ringo like this.
  12. Skyscraper

Favourite Ride:
    Nemesis
    Smiler's still down, don't know what up with it. Wonder if the alarm went off again like this morning?

13. ringo

ringo TowersStreet Member

In an ideal world they should have a list of rides that are unavailable that day available for you to see before buying a ticket.

Smaller parks manage but in the grand scheme of things anyone who visited today should of gone with a low expectation.

If you aren’t happy let them know, if you are happy also let them know :)

MaxPower likes this.
  14. siralgenon

That's the same with any park around the world, it doesn't mean they're meant to do it.

Skyscraper likes this.
  15. TPJames

So basically you’re saying it’s ok for them to be unprofessional and cheapskates?

No wonder I haven’t visited in so long. I’ll just stick to the european parks. The uk industry is falling apart and merlin need some proper competition over here.

Last edited: 4th Jul 2020
    SuperMuscleMan likes this.
  16. Dave

Dave TS Founding Member

The website states there is reduced ride availability, I have better things to do than check their website daily so I have no idea if that information was on there before today.

You haven’t visited for years but are spending your Saturday on a forum about the place... Pubs have reopened you know.

17. TPJames

It’s not really in an ideal world though, every other park is doing it? Chessington, Legoland, Europa park, efteling, Drayton manor and I could go on. It’s just the responsible thing to do in current circumstances.

Of course, everyone understands in the current circumstances the full offering isn’t going to be available, but what’s not going to be available should be advertised in the FAQ: on the website. Every other park can do it, so there’s no reason towers and Thorpe can’t.

I don’t care half the park is closed, if it’s closed it’s closed, but it needs to be advertised on the website. It’s the responsible thing to do.

18. Croftybaby

Croftybaby TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Nemesis
    The 2 big questions we need to know.

1. Did they turn a profit?
    2. Is the Twirling Toadstools had its 'TLC?'

:):)

MaxPower and BarryZola like this.
  19. siralgenon

Rita, Thirteen and Battle Galleons have all now been removed from the app which makes me think Rita won't be opening any time soon either.

20. Danscott22

Danscott22 TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Falcon's Fury
    I really don't get it with Rita? Part of me thinks they've thought "well Rita would be the only ride open at this end of the park so lets just not bother". I know that sounds ridiculous but it wouldn't surprise me.

Ethan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.