2020: General Discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Danny, 20th Nov 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John

John TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance
    The entire area behind the towers is closed with drop-in fences across the paths and crowd control barriers a bit further back. They've got no entry signs on the barriers in the same style as their other covid signs - looks like the entire area will be shut for the foreseeable.

The park is pretty rubbish at the moment. It's clearly not busy as paths and minor rides are deserted but poor reliability and low capacity is causing very long queues on headline rides, concerning given that guest numbers are very low today and set to ramp up in coming weeks.

2. AT86

AT86 TowersStreet Member

I fully suspect that as the capacity is lower in the first couple of weeks of reopening they have made the decision to keep some rides/areas closed for cost reasons and these are not social distance related. It’s simply to save money.

As the visitor numbers ramp up over the coming weeks the likes of Duel and Rita will probably reopen.

Frustrating but understandable. No excuse for not publishing lists of closed rides in advance though. Not hard to do and sets guests expectation to avoid complaints and disappointment on the day.

3. Ethan

Ethan TowersStreet Member

With there only being around 6k on park or so I am really concerned for my visit on the 16th. If the queues are this long with such a low capacity then god help us going when the capacity is increased

4. Steve74

Steve74 TowersStreet Member

I wouldn't worry too much, between now and your visit they have 12 days to refine things. You've got to remember, all these measures for distancing have all be devised and put in with almost no real world testing. No amount of testing with staff, their family and friends will be the same as letting the public loose on such systems. Coupled with that, this is the first time the majority of the public have been out to big places like this and aside from visiting supermarkets, it's the first time many have had to abide by distancing rules. It's going to take a few days and weeks for everyone - theme parks, public and staff to adjust, so be patient!

Spookle15, jon81uk, RoyJess and 2 others like this.
  5. Kraken27

Kraken27 TowersStreet Member

There used to be exactly such a sign as you exited the monorail station to the admissions plaza. It was at the bottom of the last section of the exit ramp, straight ahead of you on the wall, where you turn right to go through the exit doors.

6. siralgenon

siralgenon TowersStreet Member

It got took down because they couldn't fit all the closed rides on it anymore :rolleyes:

7. rob666

rob666 TowersStreet Member

Ah yes, the closed rides sign.
    I remember the early days of Thirteen.
    Phoned the teatime before, checking the thrilling but tempremental new ride would be open in the morning.
    Yes indeed they said, though obviously they cant be certain.
    But you get to the park, the sign says thirteen closed...what are you going to do...drive the hundred miles back home?

8. AstroDan

AstroDan TS Forum Team Team Member

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance, Cedar Point
    Today was absolutely rubbish.

Left at 1.30pm.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

9. Danscott22

Danscott22 TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Falcon's Fury
    Just noticed that up to as recent as one hour ago, they are still telling people on twitter they aim to have all outdoor attractions available, to somebody who is visiting on Monday and Tuesday. I really don't get this approach to be honest, why not just say Rita and Thirteen wont be open?

SuperMuscleMan and Skyscraper like this.
  10. rob666

Aims and Objectives eh!
    Lies that we hope to achieve one day...that's what I was taught at college.

MaxPower and SuperMuscleMan like this.
  11. ringo

ringo TowersStreet Member

So those that went today, what went wrong?

Did they let too many people in for the first day?

12. ATI

ATI TowersStreet Member

Nice to know that Blade is back in operation.

I have no intention in visiting until all the major rides are in operation seeing as I live much closer to the likes of Blackpool.

On another note, is it true Wicker Man is only running 8 people per train?

MaxPower, Joel3 and Skyscraper like this.
  13. BarryZola

BarryZola TowersStreet Member

I'm not a throughput expert but I expect that having empty seats on almost every ride plus stoppages for cleaning is a problem that just cannot be overcome which means that queues are just going to be a nightmare. Until there's a vaccine or social distancing is done away with it's going to be a real struggle. It wasn't even that busy today numbers wise, just big queues. I suppose the closed rides didn't help a lot either.

MaxPower, jon81uk and Ethan like this.
  14. BarryZola

BarryZola TowersStreet Member

No, that's false. I have a photo here that I took today and there are 11 people on it.

15. spinba11

spinba11 TowersStreet Member

iI would thnk WM can do 12 people ATM.

16. John

John TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance
    Rows 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 & 11 are closed on WM regardless of groups - I'd expected them to load all rows or at least only leave empty rows between groups. I saw one train go round with 7 people on it but 10 is more typical. For as long as fasttrack is unavailable, expect to wait 60 minutes from the entrance with no extensions.

Spinball is 1 group per car, no single riders permitted. Expect to queue 25-30min from entrance (no extensions).

Nemesis, Galactica, Smiler are all 1 group per row. Expect to queue 25-30 min for Nemesis from the entrance with no extensions, I didn't do the others so can't be sure on those but Smiler's queue reached the overspill today and I've heard reports of people waiting 120 minutes.

jon81uk, Ethan, D4n and 1 other person like this.
  17. ringo

ringo TowersStreet Member

I wonder how long fastrack will stay shut?

18. rob666

I give it a couple of weeks.

imanautie and ringo like this.
  19. John

John TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance
    Based on today's evidence hopefully for as long as rides run on reduced capacity, you wouldn't need to sell much FT to bring main queues to a near total halt.

ringo likes this.
  20. Kingslayer

Kingslayer TowersStreet Member

Is it possible they were Uber cautious today and have a plan b or c to tweak the ride capacity?

Today the May have gone at their lowest possible capacity on rides but might start to tweak the numbers up where they can?

just a thought.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.