• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2020: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
At the moment, I don't think Towers could penalisation MAP holders who do not show up purely because currently there is no mechanism to cancel your reservation should you need to. Especially with Covid as it is, I'd imagine there is more chance of last minute cancellations for genuine reasons. If/when they introduce such a cancellation option, then they can think about [rightly] penalising those who no-show because everyone would've had the chance to cancel.

At the moment, I don't think Towers could penalisation MAP holders who do not show up purely because currently there is no mechanism to cancel your reservation should you need to. Especially with Covid as it is, I'd imagine there is more chance of last minute cancellations for genuine reasons. If/when they introduce such a cancellation option, then they can think about [rightly] penalising those who no-show because everyone would've had the chance to cancel.
Well perhaps they could flick on that option, accesso passport supports self service ticket cancellations and changes.

Although they probably would have to say 48 hours notice or similar, as if someone cancels the night before just to avoid the charges then its still too late for someone else to buy that slot.
It could be £5 for the booking, cancel with more than 2 days notice and there is no charge, cancel with less than 2 days notice and lose the £5 charge, turn up and get a voucher to spend in the park. Then the only people who actually lose money are the ones who choose not to come with less than 2 days notice.

Maybe someone needs to give Merlin / Towers that idea to enable self serve.

At least when they did tickets via Eventbrite you could cancel, hand them back and they’d be instantly visible as available to buy.

Alton have recently tweeted a video about the dunegons explaining there's new rules and routes in place.

I've replied asking about mask excemptions because a friend of mine has been told by staff at the dungeons they are not accepting excemptions at all.

What do people think of that? A complete ban on people unable to wear a mask.

If that is what their risk assessment says is required then it is required. I'm not sure on the legalities of this with regards to disability discrimination, but in general anything safety related takes precedent. For example people with false limbs can't ride some coasters, their safety is more important than any discrimination.

If that is what their risk assessment says is required then it is required. I'm not sure on the legalities of this with regards to disability discrimination, but in general anything safety related takes precedent. For example people with false limbs can't ride some coasters, their safety is more important than any discrimination.
Yep, but it would be nice if they made clear publicly that it is the case but I assume their normal procedures on paid attraction disability rejections (refunds are issued)

Yep, but it would be nice if they made clear publicly that it is the case but I assume their normal procedures on paid attraction disability rejections (refunds are issued)

If they said publicly you don't need to wear as mask then many people may claim to have a condition when they don't actually.

Maybe there are exemptions but they don't want to say publicly to prevent people turning up without masks and demanding to be let on then showing the Twitter post as "proof". It's a tricky area but I'm sure they want to avoid people using disabilities as an excuse when they don't have one. They have enough trouble with RAP abuse.

Maybe there are exemptions but they don't want to say publicly to prevent people turning up without masks and demanding to be let on then showing the Twitter post as "proof". It's a tricky area but I'm sure they want to avoid people using disabilities as an excuse when they don't have one. They have enough trouble with RAP abuse.
A friend of mine has been told there are none by staff at the dungeons.

A friend of mine has been told there are none by staff at the dungeons.
And the discrepancy continues across the brand, London Dungeon reopens on the 1st August while face covering is compulsory they are allowing exemptions (under 11, medical & disability)

And the discrepancy continues across the brand, London Dungeon reopens on the 1st August while face covering is compulsory they are allowing exemptions (under 11, medical & disability)
the thing is ive been when they reopened at they just asked if we had cards saying we were exempt (I pointed at my badge) and then they radioed ahead and let us through. So it's a very sudden change or confused staff.

What an earth is that noise on the smilers vertical lift hill, I've never noticed that until earlier today. Does anyone know what is causing it?

Alton have recently tweeted a video about the dunegons explaining there's new rules and routes in place.

I've replied asking about mask excemptions because a friend of mine has been told by staff at the dungeons they are not accepting excemptions at all.

Apparently a few people think I'm being unreasonable/a Karen for asking?

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.