• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2020: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Reduced capacity doesn’t mean fewer people will be in the park if they don’t normally get close to capacity anyway.
If the park holds 10,000 (for example I don’t know the actual number) and they cut capacity by 50% to 5,000, but on a normal weekday will only get 4,000 anyway then the reduced capacity doesn’t make any difference.

also with the spacing on rides and spacing in queues the capacity on each ride at the is lower and the queues will move slower so it feels busier.
Capacity ranges from 2250 to 12,750 with an average of 8250.

Edit: @Ethan it's showing 6000 on the 6th but only 2 out of the 3 packages I'm monitoring have capacity.

I can imagine lots of people passing out on rides tommorow in 30 degrees with a mask on
We were at Thorpe yesterday in similar temperatures, and everyone there seemed OK. Thorpe’s probably worse for heat as it has a lot more concrete and less trees than Towers.

Great decision to extend hours, though!

Hex is back. Back again. Hex is back. Tell a friend.

eIVWByG.jpg

Would be interesting to see how social distancing has been implemented on Hex. It's currently on 30 mins! :eek:
(Usually doesn't exceed 10)

I don't know why you guys think I was just reffering to the heat. The actual force and intensity of rides added on to the very warm weather today means it's far more likely.

I don't know why you guys think I was just reffering to the heat. The actual force and intensity of rides added on to the very warm weather today means it's far more likely.
If there were then we would know by now because the tabloids would have found out.

Was at park today and was real hot..... queueing up for Wicker Man about 4pm, if anyone was on site as well did they spot the low helicopter that hovered above towers Street and then lined up and started to land? I didn't get the exact location of the landing just saw it prep for landing before losing sight of it due to buildings in the way as it descended.

The helicopter was yellow so don't know if staffordshire air ambulances are that colour (west mids are red and fly out of Cosford)

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.