• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2020: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I think they are being a bit unfair on you.
I mean if there is no excemption it means more material for the torturer!

Edit: to clarify what I mean by this, if there's no excemption IL have to wear a mask and with that go non speaking and as aac apps on my phone probably count as Talky boxes IL prepare a few paper boards but with plenty of sass so they fit in with the dungeons.

Last edited:
If you're anxious about wearing (or not wearing) a mask I would just... erm... skip the Dungeon for now?

It doesn't sound like you are going to enjoy the experience.
It costs extra anyway.
Sounds like you've done it before.
It is not good.

If you're anxious about wearing (or not wearing) a mask I would just... erm... skip the Dungeon for now?

It doesn't sound like you are going to enjoy the experience.
It costs extra anyway.
Sounds like you've done it before.
It is not good.
It's less direct aneixety and more needing to know if IL be able to use my voice or not.
I've done it a fair bit, and have done it once since covid.

Alton have recently tweeted a video about the dunegons explaining there's new rules and routes in place.

I've replied asking about mask excemptions because a friend of mine has been told by staff at the dungeons they are not accepting excemptions at all.

What do people think of that? A complete ban on people unable to wear a mask.

It's a good response to keep all guests safe, death being greater than inconvenience.

Excellent - and probably with new theming.

"if you don't sanitize and keep social distance one of your family will die...."
On a serious note, I can see Hex re-opening on Saturday probably at this rate. Quite a few other things returning this weekend - hotel entertainment, stargazing pods, etc.

Just got back from another quick visit, Felt very busy on park today so I had a few early rides, chilled in the gardens then headed out. But would anybody be able to confirm the capacity today? As it definitely felt busier than last week.

Just got back from another quick visit, Felt very busy on park today so I had a few early rides, chilled in the gardens then headed out. But would anybody be able to confirm the capacity today? As it definitely felt busier than last week.
I reckon it's no less busy at the moment than what it would normally be in the summer. They've not reduced the capacity at all as it doesn't feel any different

I reckon it's no less busy at the moment than what it would normally be in the summer. They've not reduced the capacity at all as it doesn't feel any different

Oh I agree, Queues are just about the same so I'm not moaning, still always enjoy my day. It seems it's the measures in place creating longer queues, not the larger crowd numbers like a usual summer.

Reduced capacity doesn’t mean fewer people will be in the park if they don’t normally get close to capacity anyway.
If the park holds 10,000 (for example I don’t know the actual number) and they cut capacity by 50% to 5,000, but on a normal weekday will only get 4,000 anyway then the reduced capacity doesn’t make any difference.

also with the spacing on rides and spacing in queues the capacity on each ride at the is lower and the queues will move slower so it feels busier.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.