• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2020: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I really wish they'd change the ticketing and do deals where you get park entry and a couple of mazes, instead of having to buy maze tickets separately.

I don't expect there will be any deals this year given the even more limited capacity.
They have in the past done all mazes for £20 or similar haven't they and discounts for annual passes? I think this seems reasonable, the rest of the park is still worth the same price as the summer really and we get longer hours for the standard £35, so I don't see a need to discount the park entry for scarefest compared to summer.

It depends on the severity of the disruption, but if there's no water on the park then I'd question whether you can open any of the cafes, restaurants or bars. There's food safety considerations here, never mind health and safety.

In any case, a hot, humid August day in a packed theme park with stressy adults and hyperactive kids, toilets closed and no running water... sounds like my idea of hell.

I don't expect there will be any deals this year given the even more limited capacity.
They have in the past done all mazes for £20 or similar haven't they and discounts for annual passes? I think this seems reasonable, the rest of the park is still worth the same price as the summer really and we get longer hours for the standard £35, so I don't see a need to discount the park entry for scarefest compared to summer.
The last few years they haven't done all mazes for one ticket instead most mazes and whatever the shiney new maze is gets put in its own ticket..

Well it would be an offence to open a restaurant without runing water.

Everything suggests the only working toilet is in X-Sector, and that staff may be discouraging its usage.

So yeah, sounds COVID Insecure today. As well as quite a few other diseases. Probably shouldn't have opened today.

The last few years they haven't done all mazes for one ticket instead most mazes and whatever the shiney new maze is gets put in its own ticket..

Okay, I don't do the scare mazes so haven't looked at those prices in ages!

I do think the park price is worth it for scarefest and fireworks, considering you get a longer day and some additional entertainment for the same price as a summer day with shorter hours.

Well it would be an offence to open a restaurant without runing water.

Everything suggests the only working toilet is in X-Sector, and that staff may be discouraging its usage.

So yeah, sounds COVID Insecure today. As well as quite a few other diseases. Probably shouldn't have opened today.

For a park to open with limited toilet / handwashing facilities due to no water (let alone limited free tap water to refill your own bottle) on what by all counts is going to be one of the hottest days of the year is pure madness. You can bet Towers won't be discounting bottled water in the shops / kiosks either.

This is before you throw in the Health & Safety aspects of food preparation with no running water & also the obvious government advise to regularly wash hands due to the Covid situation.

For a park so hell-bent on Health & Safety for reasons obvious, someone has dropped a right clanger today by deciding to open.

As an aside, we lost running water in our building at work a few years ago for a day. We all got sent home - and this was despite the fact our company had another building over the road (3mins walk) where we could go to use the facilities as their water supply was unaffected.

For a park to open with limited toilet / handwashing facilities due to no water (let alone limited free tap water to refill your own bottle) on what by all counts is going to be one of the hottest days of the year is pure madness. You can bet Towers won't be discounting bottled water in the shops / kiosks either.

This is before you throw in the Health & Safety aspects of food preparation with no running water & also the obvious government advise to regularly wash hands due to the Covid situation.

For a park so hell-bent on Health & Safety for reasons obvious, someone has dropped a right clanger today by deciding to open.

As an aside, we lost running water in our building at work a few years ago for a day. We all got sent home - and this was despite the fact our company had another building over the road (3mins walk) where we could go to use the facilities as their water supply was unaffected.
Devils advocate here, wouldn't the hand sanitizer mostly cover them for the covid secure requirements in terms of hand washing?

That happened in my library building a while back. Water was off all day due to a power cut and somone turned a tap on in the ladies toilet, not realising that it wouldn't work. They didn't turn it back, and it flooded the lobby. :eek:

Officially closed.

Edit: Adding image of original tweet that has now been deleted.

CsR6DM0.jpg

Last edited:
Devils advocate here, wouldn't the hand sanitizer mostly cover them for the covid secure requirements in terms of hand washing?

Good point - and in theory yes it would (for guests). At the beer festival I work at (Nottingham) we have got round the no running water / hand-wash facilities on the bars by having bottles of hand sanitiser cable-tied to literally every scaffolding upright on the stillage. This means that anyone working a bar is never more than 2metres away from a bottle of sanitiser.

Not sure that sanitiser alone would be acceptable for a restaurant / food preparation area though. I suspect it would not, as it's useless for washing food / using in a dishwasher / glass-wash machine!

I feel extremely sorry for the staff and the guests today. Imagine travelling all the way there, to spend 2 hours in the park with no toilets and no water, to be told they're closing. I get that they can re-visit, but there begs the question of wasting people's time, and money getting there.

Also feel for the staff who will probably have some very angry Karen's to deal with.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.