• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2020: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Could the impending rule changes (can't meet in groups of more than 6 and (potentially) a 10pm curfew) affect Towers and their upcoming events? If the curfew was to come into force Scarefest would have to finish earlier to allow staff to get home in time, which would be catastrophic. :(

The existing guidelines is that people should only be meeting in groups of two households or up to six people anyway so it won't make any changes really. Some families where they may have met up with another household may not be able to have their planned day out, but I expect a majority of groups going to AT were either single households or groups under six anyway.

I've not heard anything about potential curfews?

Could the impending rule changes (can't meet in groups of more than 6 and (potentially) a 10pm curfew) affect Towers and their upcoming events? If the curfew was to come into force Scarefest would have to finish earlier to allow staff to get home in time, which would be catastrophic. :(

I don't think anyone can predict what lies ahead in just a fortnights time so it's going to be something they will play by ear in my opinion. They will have full intentions of running the events even if restrictions become tighter again though I'm sure, I mean they wanted to open the park in April for a starter...

The existing guidelines is that people should only be meeting in groups of two households or up to six people anyway so it won't make any changes really. Some families where they may have met up with another household may not be able to have their planned day out, but I expect a majority of groups going to AT were either single households or groups under six anyway.

I've not heard anything about potential curfews?
Yeah Boris has said they could enforce a 10pm curfew. Hopefully not but it's possible

No, genuinely don't think anything will change. I can't see it being a national curfew either, it will probably be COVID hotspots that have one.

From what I understand they are considering restricting the hours the hospitality businesses can remain open, so pubs/restaurants etc. would have to close by 10pm.

If this was brought it then I cannot see it impacting Alton Towers other than the bars in the hotels having to close early (so not change there really).

Yeah I think the curfew is more referring to businesses being closed by 10pm than everybody being locked inside by 10pm. Like I'm sure you'd be able to go on a evening walk by yourself after 10pm (not that many people do, just an example), but there'd be no businesses open or anything. Maybe I'm wrong but that's the impression I get from it.

Christmas info has been released. Appears broadly the same as previous years, but with an additional illuminated walk in the garden. Presumably an adjustment to whatever they're doing there during Scarefest?

Good day on park today, Oktoberfest looks to be shaping up nicely and the operations were really good as well as ride availability. It was extremely busy for an off peak day though, even the queues for food were ridiculous.

Good day on park today, Oktoberfest looks to be shaping up nicely and the operations were really good as well as ride availability. It was extremely busy for an off peak day though, even the queues for food were ridiculous.
I managed 10 rides today and left at 4:30 so not too bad tbf. Got on all the big 7, including nemesis twice, and also Duel and Rmt. So pretty decent I'd say it was a decent day

Santa’s Sleepover info has been updated on the website with info on what is open in the theme park. This will include the gardens.

Interestingly the last point specifically mentions it being for ‘short break guests only’ as all theme park availability is usually for short break guests at this time of year, does this indicate the park might be open for day guests this year?

Selected rides & attractions in the Theme Park will be open between 11am and 6pm, including the Alton Towers Gardens! Rides & Attractions include:

• CBeebies Land (Bugbie-go-round, Postman Pat Parcel Post, In The Night Garden Magical Boat Ride, Peter Rabbit Hippity Hop, Octonauts Rollercoaster Adventure, Go Jetters Vroomster Zoom Ride, Mr Blooms Allotment, Tree Fu Tom Training Camp, Big Fun Show Time - featuring The Teletubbies)
  • Mutiny Bay (Sharkbait Reef by SEA LIFE, Marauders Mayhem, Heave Ho)
  • Spinball Whizzer
  • Hex - The Legend of the Towers
  • The Gardens: including illuminated Gardens from 4pm - 6pm
  • NEW Garden Lantern Trail - exclusively for short breaks guests from 6pm - 8pm

The gardens have certainly never been an option before, but maybe with the success of the gardens this year they will open them a lot more in closed season.

The way it’s worded certainly seems like normal guests can visit.

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if Towers open the Gardens during closed season as standard from this year considering the success earlier in the year. Bit like Mingo's Zoo-only days.

The company I work for opens at 6am on Monday and doesn’t close to 5pm on Friday with 3 shifts in place for social distancing and a set night shift.
Shift 1) 6am to 3pm Mon to Thurs 6am to 11am Fri
Shift 2) 3pm to 12am Mon to Thurs 11.30am to 4:30pm Fri
Shift 3 7:45pm to 6am Mon to Thurs
So I doubt the curfew will be for business that don’t work with the general public.

Surely The Gardens on a winter day are likely to be a massive black ice risk?

November and December aren’t really The worst of Winter.
It’s January and February that is more likely to get that sort of weather (hence why they don’t really bother with February half term rides).

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.