has already said, can we stick to General Discussion about Alton Towers as this is quickly becoming a Covid specific topic again.
Might I also remind people about our Member Expectations
, in particular the part about having respect for other members. Throwing insults at each other is not acceptable. Posts containing this will be removed and action taken against members.
For the benefit of cleaning up inaccuracies in this topic to other readers, all visitors to Alton Towers should follow the information on the Alton Towers website
regarding visiting from each tier areas.
Everyone must also follow government advice on tier restrictions. As a general rule, information on the government website that states you must/must not
, information that states you should/should not
. For Very High
(Tier 3) areas this is:
- You must not meet socially with friends and family indoors in any setting unless they are part of your household or support bubble. This includes private homes and indoors in hospitality venues, such as pubs.
- You must also not meet with people outside of your household or support bubble in a private garden or in most outdoor public venues.
- A support bubble is where a household with one adult joins with another household. Households in that support bubble can still visit each other, stay overnight, and visit public places together.
- You may continue to see friends and family you do not live with (or have formed a support bubble with) in groups of 6 or less in certain outdoor public spaces, such as:
- parks, beaches, countryside, forests
- public gardens (whether or not you pay to enter them), allotments
- outdoor sports courts and facilities, and playgrounds
As above, meeting other households both outdoors and indoors when any of you are from a tier 3 area is against the law. An outdoor public space is somewhere that you do not pay to enter, so Alton Towers does not count as one. These rules are the baseline rules, check your local area for any further specific rules. Tier restrictions follows your home location, so if you visit a Tier 1 location from a Tier 3 area, you must abide by Tier 3 restrictions.
If anyone chooses to not follow the law and/or guidance then that is their choice. However, as this is a public forum it's important that information in this topic is correct and not someone's own interpretation of the information published by the government.
Now, if we can get back to general discussion about Alton Towers it'd be appreciated. Any further general posts about Coronavirus or the country's restrictions will be removed.