• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2020: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I certainly don’t disagree with the sentiment that the map design is more style over substance when it comes to actually helping guests navigate the park.

However it is worth noting that it is 2020 now, not 2008 and the park strongly encourages people download the app which will literally step by step guide you to any ride/shop/food outlet etc which is probably more user friendly than any previous park map :)

Edit: also looking at the 2020 map, it appears Blade lives on for yet another season.

26A03A26-3A5D-42B3-9BE5-DE8C6CBB2FE8-scaled.jpeg

Here’s a better quality version of the map photo from yesterday. Thought it would be useful here. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In addition to my earlier rant about the map, I've just noticed the map is missing the name tags for the carousel and frog hopper! (I've forgot their new names), and Pizza and Pasta in Katanga Canyon still has the old name. :oops:

Looking on the AT website, I can’t seem to find where you book a £1 Pre book for your annual pass.
I can only seem to book full price days!
Help

Cheers but that’s just for garden entry not anything from 4th July for full entry

I'm guessing the full entry prebooks won't be on the site until at most 7 days before, they did say they will be operating with a rolling 7 day pre-book system.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Just got back from a wander around the Gardens; weather pretty miserable so wasn't able to fully enjoy. The Pagoda fountain fully operational and looks superb.

In terms of preparations made for an opening in a post-covid 19 world, they've done a vastly superior job compared to Efteling. No obtrusive fences other than in the plaza, staff in masks, bag check conducted outside the park entrance along with temperature check. Only toilets open are the disabled ones outside the entrance (not inside) and the ones in Mutiny Bay. These have 2m distance markers on the floor.

Most people congregated on the spaced-out tables in the Courtyard compared to the Gardens, Music on throughout the park, new bunting on Towers Street, and senior management present and welcoming at the park entrance. Generally, quite clean overall with new bins present also.

Will probably nip back for a proper relaxation if the weather improves in the coming weeks. A shame the Towers aren't open, however, as that would aid more in justifying the £12 entry fee for those without annual passes.

Just got back from a wander around the Gardens; weather pretty miserable so wasn't able to fully enjoy. The Pagoda fountain fully operational and looks superb.

In terms of preparations made for an opening in a post-covid 19 world, they've done a vastly superior job compared to Efteling. No obtrusive fences other than in the plaza, staff in masks, bag check conducted outside the park entrance along with temperature check. Only toilets open are the disabled ones outside the entrance (not inside) and the ones in Mutiny Bay. These have 2m distance markers on the floor.

Most people congregated on the spaced-out tables in the Courtyard compared to the Gardens, Music on throughout the park, new bunting on Towers Street, and senior management present and welcoming at the park entrance. Generally, quite clean overall with new bins present also.

Will probably nip back for a proper relaxation if the weather improves in the coming weeks. A shame the Towers aren't open, however, as that would aid more in justifying the £12 entry fee for those without annual passes.

@Danny what food / drink outlets are open if any?

The Mutiny Bay kiosk; that's virtually it. I would recommend anyone visiting and wanting to eat bring their own food.

That's a shame, I'd have thought they'd have Burger Kitchen in Mutiny Bay open now that drive thru's and takeaways have opened up. Hopefully they'll gradually expand the offering over the coming weeks.

The white tent is where temperature checks will take place.

IMG_E4358-scaled.jpg

40th Birthday bunting.

IMG_E4234-scaled.jpg

IMG_E4231-1-scaled.jpg

IMG_E4233-1-scaled.jpg

IMG_E4236-2-scaled.jpg

Updated info screens.

IMG_E4239-scaled.jpg

IMG_E4319-scaled.jpg

Floor markings for rides have been installed.

IMG_E4273-scaled.jpg

IMG_E4274-1-scaled.jpg

Food and beverage units have received floor makings and perspex.

IMG_E4258-scaled.jpg

IMG_E4260-scaled.jpg

IMG_E4268-scaled.jpg

IMG_E4257-scaled.jpg

Toilets have also had floor markings installed.

IMG_E4346-scaled.jpg

IMG_E4347-scaled.jpg

IMG_E4348-scaled.jpg

Towers Trading is also having work done, suggesting it will eventually open.

IMG_E4351-scaled.jpg

Vending machines are now accepting card payments only.

IMG_E4326-scaled.jpg

Signage is still advertising 2020 events.

IMG_E4321-scaled.jpg
IMG_E4323-scaled.jpg

2020 park map.

IMG_E4322-scaled.jpg

Coca-Cola Freestyle selling/refilling stations.

IMG_E4261-scaled.jpg

IMG_E4262-scaled.jpg

IMG_E4355-scaled.jpg

IMG_E4350-scaled.jpg

New benches, complete with park branding.

IMG_E4251-scaled.jpg

It'd be hard to find a selection of photo's which encapsulate the phrase 'That'll do" more concisely than this.

- Do they really not own a branded gazebo? What a magical start to the day that is. Even with limited capacity they'll still be funnelling thousands through that tiny space. 2 queues max? Sounds like fun.

- Teacups, stand 2m from the group in front. Ride will be much less than 2m to your right.

- Queue into the toilets, stand 2m from the group in front. The opposite sex will be queuing approximately 1 ft to your side.

- 2 m markings through the middle of the toilets. Why? As if people are passing through an exhibit. I know they are light on entertainment but that is taking the piss!

- Urinals next to each other not out of service. Queue apart on way in, touch shoulders while pissing?

- Queue to treats. Why is it out in the pathway? It should obviously be along the path edge with a barrier against passing people and the claw machines out of use.

I presume then that they have a local stain of the virus which will only travel forwards, not side to side? An extreme example of paying lip service to safety measures, an unusual choice for a company with such a high profile and corporately damaging safety failure relatively recently.

Aside from that, doesn't everything look crap? A few string of (undersized for the space) bunting. Wow! happy 40th birthday! Nice crazy tarmac outside refresh and refill. Looks like they've had Virgin media installed. Nice new sign, on pole with horribly rusted half painted ball detail on top. What attention to detail. The turn over message on the map is actually hilarious.

It'd be hard to find a selection of photo's which encapsulate the phrase 'That'll do" more concisely than this.

- Do they really not own a branded gazebo? What a magical start to the day that is. Even with limited capacity they'll still be funnelling thousands through that tiny space. 2 queues max? Sounds like fun.

- Teacups, stand 2m from the group in front. Ride will be much less than 2m to your right.

- Queue into the toilets, stand 2m from the group in front. The opposite sex will be queuing approximately 1 ft to your side.

- 2 m markings through the middle of the toilets. Why? As if people are passing through an exhibit. I know they are light on entertainment but that is taking the ****!

- Urinals next to each other not out of service. Queue apart on way in, touch shoulders while ****ing?

- Queue to treats. Why is it out in the pathway? It should obviously be along the path edge with a barrier against passing people and the claw machines out of use.

I presume then that they have a local stain of the virus which will only travel forwards, not side to side? An extreme example of paying lip service to safety measures, an unusual choice for a company with such a high profile and corporately damaging safety failure relatively recently.
With regards to the social distancing measures, and not the aesthetics of various things, I'm reminded strongly of this:

Businesses-Reopening.jpg

With regards to the social distancing measures, and not the aesthetics of various things, I'm reminded strongly of this:

Businesses-Reopening.jpg
I completely get that with small local business, especially ones which have remained open so have had to deal with the initial restrictions and subsequent changes on the hoof. Not so much a massive multinational with weeks / months to plan for the obvious restrictions that would be required when they could reopen. It all looks so thoughtless.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.