• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2020: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
There's an Air ORP photo floating around somewhere from way back in our TTF days of a meetup regular sat next to an inflatable dinosaur called Beatrix.

Even with reduced admissions I do dread to think what it will do to queue time’s and if they do sell fast tracks then it will just be horrific. I’m glad to see it reopening and it will be popular but as I said many time’s it’s just not worthwhile overall for me personally.

It might mean nothing, but there are no social distancing lines painted in the Wicker Man fastrack queue, however the main and disabled queues do have them painted.

I would say if the numbers are so low they shouldn’t need fastrack, but then with reduced capacity it may end up with long queues when when quiet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They don't need to do anything to the toilet blocks, they just need to man them and only allow a certain amount of people in at a time, and use a one way system where possible with the toilets that have two entrances.
I don't see what difference this will make. Some of the toilets have side by side entrances/exits. Sinks are too close together as well. And if you let in more than one at once (which you will have to) then you can't really control the guests inside.

From what i've seen out and about - and Shaun's new video about going to the gardens, the social distancing seems as good at Alton as it is elsewhere. With Temp checks, perspex screens at Eatery windown and socail distancing markers.

Not to say it's great, but we're really not equppied for it in today's world of "pack em in"

Surely the one thing that should come out of this covid-19 crisis is the spirit of "we are all in this together " no one is "above" or "extra special " Everyone who turns out to support alton towers and pays full price to prebook a ticket SHOULDN'T be pushed back for Mr moneybags to make their way to the front of the queue! What about all the wonderful key workers who have kept the country running and allowed Merlin to be in this position to reopen. Merlin don't care about you unless you cross their hands with extra silver and then they can make all these "Mr moneybags" people feel extra special ! Shame on you!! What about all the hard working general public and key workers?? Merlin don't give two hoots! !

Last edited:
Reactions: Dar
I don't see what difference this will make. Some of the toilets have side by side entrances/exits. Sinks are too close together as well. And if you let in more than one at once (which you will have to) then you can't really control the guests inside.

From what i've seen out and about - and Shaun's new video about going to the gardens, the social distancing seems as good at Alton as it is elsewhere. With Temp checks, perspex screens at Eatery windown and socail distancing markers.

Not to say it's great, but we're really not equppied for it in today's world of "pack em in"
I mean it's not really rocket science, you limit the number of people in at one time, the toilets that have two entrances can use a one way system, and just cover up every other sink / urinal. It's pretty much common sense on the most part.

They won't need to actively control the number of people in there if the overall number of guests in the park is low enough, it just won't be an issue.

In a nutshell I feel that in these extraordinary times there should be only one queue on reopening to;

1 reduce the need for staff contact
2 to promote this public spirit
3 Make it fair for EVERYONE!

However I'm sure Dominic Cummings would disagree!

In a nutshell I feel that in these extraordinary times there should be only one queue on reopening to;

1 reduce the need for staff contact
2 to promote this public spirit
3 Make it fair for EVERYONE!

However I'm sure Dominic Cummings would disagree!
3. Erm rap...

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Fastrack, ugh. I was already pretty down about how much of a misery the queues would be due to a combination of RAP and reduced capacity but throw in fastrack as well and the queues will just not move.

Guess I'll just have to saw my legs off or something.

Fastrack, ugh. I was already pretty down about how much of a misery the queues would be due to a combination of RAP and reduced capacity but throw in fastrack as well and the queues will just not move.

Guess I'll just have to saw my legs off or something.
As someone missing a leg found out, that prevents you from riding the smiler.

Well, would be a good opportunity for them to test taking a stricter stance on RAP, and only issuing it to those that genuinely need it, which I would imagine only makes up a moderate percentage of current RAP users.
The rap rules are good, the issue is staff don't follow them.

During these re-opening procedures there should be no need for Fastrack so it should only be stand-by and RAP, so they should move fairly quickly, aside from the cleaning and distancing.

Would health and safety covid -19 risk assessments not deem alot of RAP guests as vulnerable as being higher risk of complication if they get covid? Therefore at this time is it wise to visit a theme park and if they wish to should they be asked to wear PPE eg mask to decrease risk of infection?

Would health and safety covid -19 risk assessments not deem alot of RAP guests as vulnerable as being higher risk of complication if they get covid? Therefore at this time is it wise to visit a theme park and if they wish to should they be asked to wear PPE eg mask to decrease risk of infection?

Potencially In a fair few cases, there's also situations like mine with AAC where it could be argued there's more chance of spreading or catching even if there's no higher chance of complications.
But crucially I think the parks can cover the risk by recommending masks.

Does Tesco have a RAP queue or Fasttrack? Will all the shops opening next week have them?........ just wondering? If not why does alton towers need them?
Formally yes in a manner of speaking, exclusive opening hours for the disabled or elderly.
As I've gone into discussion several times now, theme park queue is a beast of its own not really comparable to shopping.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.