• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2020: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I often go on my own.

Does this mean i couldn't ride Thirteen at all?
Well I guess you're not missing much to be fair. If I'm not able to ride thirteen and spinball if I go on my own, then so be it. As long as I can go on the others it's fine

So that's two of the big 7 we probably won't be able to do.

What rides could we do as solos? Any?
Most I suspect.
Out of all the rides across Merlin UK that I'm aware off the ones that stand out as nope are

*TH13TEEN
*Spinball Whizzer
*Dragons fury
*TWD: TR

others I think will be problematic but just about doable, some more easily then others.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Well I guess you're not missing much to be fair. If I'm not able to ride thirteen and spinball if I go on my own, then so be it. As long as I can go on the others it's fine

Can we go on the others though? With a 2m distancing zone that would take out half the seats on The Smiler, Half on Nemesis e.t.c.

Can we go on the others though? With a 2m distancing zone that would take out half the seats on The Smiler, Half on Nemesis e.t.c.

That's where the problematic but possibly doable comes into play, i think guidance yet to be released will mean on some rides it's not the same distance in all directions.

Most I suspect.
Out of all the rides across Merlin UK that I'm aware off the ones that stand out as nope are

*TH13TEEN
*Spinball Whizzer
*Dragons fury
*TWD: TR

others I think will be problematic but just about doable, some more easily then others.

I hope you're right there. I'd still go if i could get on 5 o 6 of the rides, it'd be worth it, but if it's none, or one or two then i can't see the point.

I don't see car sharing on Spinball/Fury being much of a problem due to the back to back seating. Unless I've missed anything official stating otherwise, I'd expect them to allow single riders into a car with a group of 2.

Surely all the rides could run on reduced capacity with no issue? They always run empty trains before getting rides back up after a breakdown, and rides are always tested on empty trains during testing to make sure that they can run empty, so I’m sure they could run every ride in the park on the required reduced capacity settings.

Surely all the rides could run on reduced capacity with no issue? They always run empty trains before getting rides back up after a breakdown, and rides are always tested on empty trains during testing to make sure that they can run empty, so I’m sure they could run every ride in the park on the required reduced capacity settings.
Some rides have a minimum of empty or a large number of guests such as TH13TEEN, it could prove challenging meeting the minimum number of guests to be permitted to operate and distancing of guests to be permitted to operate.

I assume these minimum amount of riders is a Merlin “enhanced safety” protocol brought in after the 2015 incident?

So with Th13teen what’s the issue of less than minimum riders? It completes the circuit when empty, it even manages it with 4 of the water filled dummies?

So with Th13teen what’s the issue of less than minimum riders? It completes the circuit when empty, it even manages it with 4 of the water filled dummies?
from what I'm told it's Basically the trim breaks are either on or off, they don't adjust properly.

from what I'm told it's Basically the trim breaks are either on or off, they don't adjust properly.

^ Pretty much this.

The trim brakes can be turned off (completes the circuit empty but goes too fast with riders).

Or they can be turned on (slows the ride down to such an extent that it needs the added weight of 18 riders to be sure of completing the circuit)

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.