• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2020: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
It's going to be interesting to see how this actually pans out on July 4th especially with a sold out crowd. I think Towers definitely won't struggle with all their space though.

I just don't get why Chessington bought LED displays that are twice as big as they need to be.
Chessington ones only look bad because of the bodge job.

But the size of the display is actually pretty decent, it’s clear to see from a distance and a couple of them were set to rotating info displaying “closed” and the keep 2m distance logo (not sure if it was automated or manually changing) but maybe there’s plans to display more info on them? current time / weather etc

Last edited:
And almost definitely the actions taken by some of those in the MAP Facebook group.

No doubt they'll be the first ones through the doors of Box Office to see Guest Services on day one.
Gulp, hope you don't mean me!
I do think merlin could have done with clarifying the situation with seperate allocations a bit sooner to reduce complaints.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I thought MAP reservations were coming out 7 days in advance, so for 4th July, for example, MAP reservations come out on 27th June?

I thought MAP reservations were coming out 7 days in advance, so for 4th July, for example, MAP reservations come out on 27th June?
That might be the general rule but they could also offer a bit of a wider window for the first week.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

To be fair, it would be foolish of them to release MAP reservations before being certain that they can open on the 4th July - imagine the furore MAP holders would kick up if they had a ticket booked for say 5th July, only to be told it couldn't be used as the park wasn't opening...

I imagine it's all probably in place and ready to go, and go-live will happen shortly after they have that confirmation.

To be fair, it would be foolish of them to release MAP reservations before being certain that they can open on the 4th July - imagine the furore MAP holders would kick up if they had a ticket booked for say 5th July, only to be told it couldn't be used as the park wasn't opening...

I imagine it's all probably in place and ready to go, and go-live will happen shortly after they have that confirmation.
HAVING SAID the above, and received six likes (I feel like a charlatan...), seems Legoland has actually gone ahead and released all tickets a few hours ago...

72a736681920e9bb12a6493c493f404b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think this is what isnt helping the situation. Chessie have had pass tickets out for a week or two, legoland release them today, Thorpe Park seem to be just silent all round. And towers have sold out of day tickets but no news on pass tickets yet.

The government will apparently announce tommorow if companies in the hospitality sector, such as theme parks, can reopen from the supposed date of July 4th. They will also clarify if the 2m distancing rule will stay the same or be reduced to 1m. Has to be said if it is changed to 1m then that'll help with queues a lot as most rows are at least a meter apart, meaning a lot of rides could operate normally.

The sold out tickets is for general day guests. Passholders have a seperate allocation meaning that passholders will still be able to go on July 4th if they're quick enough
Yes aware of that but there are some who have fomo and would spend money on a day ticket even though they have a pass just so they can be “first public rider of xxxxxx”

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.