• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2021: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Whilst the RAP situation is a real problem I do sympathise with towers in respect of it. They will be terrified of the s**t storm that would come their way if a genuinally disabled guest was refused a pass and they went to the media. Or not even a genuine person, just someone who knows how to play the system and wants to create a fuss since they were refused their free FT. So their hands are tied by equality laws in that respect.
In terms of selling FT they r guilty as charged and need to limit it waaaay more than they r doing. Yes they need to recover losses but making people never want to come again is hardly the way to do that long term.

Whilst the RAP situation is a real problem I do sympathise with towers in respect of it. They will be terrified of the s**t storm that would come their way if a genuinally disabled guest was refused a pass and they went to the media. Or not even a genuine person, just someone who knows how to play the system and wants to create a fuss since they were refused their free FT. So their hands are tied by equality laws in that respect.
In terms of selling FT they r guilty as charged and need to limit it waaaay more than they r doing. Yes they need to recover losses but making people never want to come again is hardly the way to do that long term.
Completely agree. Towers are stuck between a rock and a hard place so-to-speak, as they've left it so long.

Anyway, I think we should move this convo to the RAP thread. :p

Last edited:
General question as I'm visiting later in the month on the 28th. I'm visiting with someone who doesn't really like flats, has it been confirmed whether single riders can ride Mixtape, Roller Disco and Funk'n'Fly? I know you can't on the Rapids or Spinball. I just wouldn't want to queue up to be told i couldn't ride any of them.

General question as I'm visiting later in the month on the 28th. I'm visiting with someone who doesn't really like flats, has it been confirmed whether single riders can ride Mixtape, Roller Disco and Funk'n'Fly? I know you can't on the Rapids or Spinball. I just wouldn't want to queue up to be told i couldn't ride any of them.
You should definitely be able to ride Mixtape on your own as I rode a ride similar to it on my own last year. I've ridden a twist on my own as well so you should be fine on that also. Not sure about the other two though.

You should definitely be able to ride Mixtape on your own as I rode a ride similar to it on my own last year. I've ridden a twist on my own as well so you should be fine on that also. Not sure about the other two though.
I suspected Mixtape - I'm pretty sure my cousin has ridden a fairground waltzers on his own before, still unsure about Funk'n'Fly though.

Nothing to stop you riding alone on any of the new flats, or indeed any ride at the park besides Spinball (and maybe the Rapids).

I think people need to be clearer about what is meant by ‘single riders’ in this context.

Single riders does not mean people on their own with no one else in their group. It means ride trains or boats cannot be dispatched with just one person in them.

So Rapids and Spinball are out because you can’t mix groups due to covid, and you can’t dispatch a train with just one person.

On other rides more than one group will ride per train so it’s not an issue.

Towers are not allowing single riders on Spinball, Rapids or Smiler currently.
They are allowing single riders on the smiler. I've been on it 10 times this season and every time on my own so not sure where you've got that from. Unless if you were referring to SRQ which isn't currently operational.
Edit: just read your post above yes SRQ isn't available

Yeah I know, that's what I was referencing. Plus I'm the one who started it. :p;)

Sorry, I know that I quoted your post, but my response to that was solely with my first paragraph. I should have made it clear that my last sentence wasn't personally aimed at you, but it was just to clarify to mods and all that I was aware that we were off topic :)

I've repeatedly ridden Dragin Fury as a single rider today, is that not possible on Spinball then? Pretty annoying if I'm there with wife and child and we can't leave the child!

I've repeatedly ridden Dragin Fury as a single rider today, is that not possible on Spinball then? Pretty annoying if I'm there with wife and child and we can't leave the child!
That is correct, you can also ride Rumba Rapids at Thorpe Park alone but not Congo River Rapids. This just feels so random...

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.