• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2021: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Apparently Thorpe are also running the waterfalls on the rapids…
Isn't there some issue with the design that you can't run that ride without the waterfalls? Irrespective of that, it is odd. A waterfall is a waterfall, surely.

I've repeatedly ridden Dragin Fury as a single rider today, is that not possible on Spinball then? Pretty annoying if I'm there with wife and child and we can't leave the child!
Towers don’t allow coasters trains to be dispatched with just 1 person on.

Really don't know why they can't put a single rider and a 2 together, sitting the single rider on the opposite side. You're facing opposite ways I just don't get the logic to why they can't ride

Really don't know why they can't put a single rider and a 2 together, sitting the single rider on the opposite side. You're facing opposite ways I just don't get the logic to why they can't ride
The logic a host used when I was chatting with them was spinning defeats the distancing

I'm not convinced thats a valid excuse from a ride host, masks are mandatory on Spinball now whereas they weren't last season, to be honest with riders facing away from each other thats a pretty poor excuse. 2 parties of 2 should be able to ride in the same car.

I'm not convinced thats a valid excuse from a ride host, masks are mandatory on Spinball now whereas they weren't last season, to be honest with riders facing away from each other thats a pretty poor excuse. 2 parties of 2 should be able to ride in the same car.
Two different parties in the same car on Spinball will not be the 1m+/2m distance apart as required. At the moment, those are the rules everywhere. Can't remember if they are spacing out separate parties on Thirteen or Wickerman but if they are, that is the reason too. I guess if they're not on those 2 then the argument goes that you are much closer together on Spinball (side to side and back to back) than you are on other coasters. Once the 1m+/2m rule is eased/scrapped, then I suspect all these measures on the coasters will go.

One thing I haven't seen mentioned much (if at all) in vlogs (I'm thinking of TPWW as he tends to point out the changes) or on here since reopening is that Towers have completely replaced all of Rita's queue fences with brand new wooden ones and the path (more like a road given it's size) where Darkest Depths is/was leading up to Roller Disco has been completely resurfaced. Probably reading too much into it but maybe the start of investment in this area perhaps?

I’ve been on dual on my own in the past and I’m pretty sure same went for enterprise in 2015.
The difference with Duel though is that you're never more than a few feet away from another car, you're always on the ground, undercover and always close to a fire exit. Imagine if they let 1 person on a coaster and that train stalled at the top of the lift hill. Sod's law dictates that that person would be scared of heights and have a panic attack with no-one nearby to comfort them. That's just one of the reasons I'm sure!

Is it now mandatory for Spinball Whizzer, Galactica and TH13TEEN to close in the rain? Just every time it rains they all seem to immediately close?
Trust me you DO NOT want to be going on rides in the rain and hail. Just had a ride on Smiler earlier and it was chucking it down, couldn't see a thing.

The difference with Duel though is that you're never more than a few feet away from another car, you're always on the ground, undercover and always close to a fire exit. Imagine if they let 1 person on a coaster and that train stalled at the top of the lift hill. Sod's law dictates that that person would be scared of heights and have a panic attack with no-one nearby to comfort them. That's just one of the reasons I'm sure!
Doesn’t stop Thorpe letting people on their own (not including walking dead and saw) I’ve had quite a few goes on swarm and stealth on my own.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.