• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2021: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
One consideration is overnight stays won't be permitted on 12th April, so in many ways parks will still only be for "locals" (depending on how far you're prepared to travel in one day).
But even that would probably include Manchester, Birmingham and Sheffield so given how much capacity will be lowered anyway I don't think they'd be missing out much.

One consideration is overnight stays won't be permitted on 12th April, so in many ways parks will still only be for "locals" (depending on how far you're prepared to travel in one day).

The way I read it hotels aren't allowed to open but apartments and other forms of accommodation are? I have hastily booked an apartment in Southampton for soon after the theme parks open.

Maybe I am ill-informed though.

Last edited:
The way I read it hotels aren't allowed to open but apartments and other forms of accommodation are? I have hastily booked at apartment in Southampton for soon after the theme parks open.

You’ll be fine, as long as your apartment is self-catering and it’s only you and others from your household going. Self-catering accommodation can open from 12th April; it’s only catered accommodation like hotels that have to wait until 17th May.

This is the current intention, of course; it could change.

So Alton Towers have updated the hotel booking system following yesterday’s news.

Between April 12th and 17th May the only option is the Enchanted Village. Therefore I assume they are classing this as ‘self catering’ which means it is allowed under the rules. Perhaps food will be delivered directly to lodges during this time.

From 17th May onwards the hotels also become available to book.

The way I read it hotels aren't allowed to open but apartments and other forms of accommodation are? I have hastily booked an apartment in Southampton for soon after the theme parks open.

No, you're right. I completely overlooked self-contained accommodation which will be allowed in step two (April 12th based on the current timetable). I was thinking about hotels, B&Bs and staying over at a nearby friend or family's address which will not be allowed until step three (from May 17th).

The roadmap rules are very ambiguous.

Using Center Parcs as an example, they plan to allow stays in lodges (so 1-4 bedroom self-catering accommodation units) from 12th April from a single household. Yet their executive apartments (1 bedroom self-catering units with a full small kitchen, including dishwasher & wine fridge) cannot open as they are classed as an apartment / enhanced hotel room.

The only part of the Enchanted Village that should be able to open between 12th April & 17th May is the Treehouses. They are the only part that have true self-catering facilities.

It's great to see the roadmap out of lockdown, but some of the rules seem perverse.

I guess they could open them, but they wouldn’t be allowed to open any of the hotel restaurants or bars in April at all, unless it’s takeaway. Which I guess they could just make crooked spoon takeaway pizza, etc. And sell alcohol in the shop as normal as Thats takeaway.

Looks like Towers are planning to open the Gardens only till April 12th

image0.png

Last edited:
As suspected.

sfipwEN.jpg

Gardens from 29th March to 11th April.

Theme Park and Woodland Lodges open from 12th April.

Hotels, Spa and Waterpark from 17th May.

Edit: also worth noting this quote from the coronavirus page update from today.

“Please kindly be advised that this will also mean our indoor rides and attractions need to remain temporarily closed at this time.”

Last edited:
As suspected.

sfipwEN.jpg

Gardens from 29th March to 11th April.

Theme Park and Woodland Lodges open from 12th April.

Hotels, Spa and Waterpark from 17th May.

Edit: also worth noting this quote from the coronavirus page update from today.

“Please kindly be advised that this will also mean our indoor rides and attractions need to remain temporarily closed at this time.”
I would assume the indoor rides will open from May 17th, when the hotels open. Or will they not open untill restaurants can open for sit-in service? Hopefully it's the former.

They'll most likely open when indoor attractions can open, as they are classed as indoor attractions; not restaurants.
Good point, when are indoor attractions allowed to open then?

Edit, just looked and it is indeed May 17th for all indoor attractions.

Good point, when are indoor attractions allowed to open then?

Edit, just looked and it is indeed May 17th for all indoor attractions.
Ye you were confusing me then I did think it was the same date. I do find it strange how indoor attractions have to close yet most the coasters have indoor queue buildings and stations

Ye you were confusing me then I did think it was the same date. I do find it strange how indoor attractions have to close yet most the coasters have indoor queue buildings and stations
Yeah it is strange. Would assume that WM's preshow will be walk-straight-through like last season at first, hopefully they'll revert it to normal operation from May 17th.

The preshow is probably more of a social distancing issue rather than whether it counts as indoor attraction. I would imagine they will continue to bypass the preshow until the 1m+ rule is relaxed. The social distancing requirements are subject to a review no later than 21st June.

The preshow is probably more of a social distancing issue rather than whether it counts as indoor attraction. I would imagine they will continue to bypass the preshow until the 1m+ rule is relaxed. The social distancing requirements are subject to a review no later than 21st June.
I thought social distancing was being reduced from May 17th? I'm sure about that as the guidance says that people from different households will finally be able to hug again from that date.

Not quite.

You are right that there will be a review into social distancing between friends and family by step three. However wider social distancing measures such as the 1m+ rules and face coverings will be reviewed by step four.

From the government's plan:

As soon as possible and by no later than Step 3, we will also update the advice on social distancing between friends and family, including hugging.

Finally, before Step 4 begins, the government will complete a review of social distancing and other long-term measures that have been put in place to cut transmission. This will inform decisions on the timing and circumstances under which the rules on 1 metre plus, the wearing of face coverings and other measures may be lifted.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.