• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2021: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Flag ship ride? Hahahahaha. Give over. It's not their flagship ride at all.
What would you say their flagship ride is? Nemesis might be the oldest but with The Smiler being the largest and most publicised in recent years I'd say it's taken over. I think if you asked people to name an Alton Towers ride, The Smiler would come out on top.

I don't think Alton Towers really has a flagship attraction
In the past I think most people would agree
1980-1993 Corkscrew
1994-2012 Nemesis
2013-mid 2015 The Smiler
After that, I don't think they really have one. I know that the Smiler was going to be the one to top Nemesis but they can't really market it as such anymore.

I don't think Alton Towers really has a flagship attraction
In the past I think most people would agree
1980-1993 Corkscrew
1994-2012 Nemesis
2013-mid 2015 The Smiler
After that, I don't think they really have one. I know that the Smiler was going to be the one to top Nemesis but they can't really market it as such anymore.
I thought that too, they don't really have a stand out one. Normally it's the biggest e.g The Big One, Stealth, Shambhala but Towers not so much.

Footage has cropped up online showing a Smashing Jump being installed in X-Sector

Flag ship ride? Hahahahaha. Give over. It's not their flagship ride at all.
Well wicker man certainly isn't. May be the most popular due to it being the newest but in reality its an average GCI whereas the smiler is a world record breaker

I personally would have said The Smiler is the flagship ride as well to be honest - not sure that's an unpopular opinion to have, I'd say a substantial amount of the GP would say the same.

Also, the smashing jump looks like a really fun ride!

I don't think there needs to be one single flagship ride. The Smiler, Nemesis, Oblivion, Galactica and Wicker Man are all stand out headliners.

CBeebies land is the flagship attraction. :)

Although I agree with @Rob above, there isn't really one and never has been really. Even in the 90s it was a mix of Nemesis, Toyland Tours and Peter Rabbit on Ice.

See the image Rick posted which shows a mix of the headline attractions in 1995

and here is a similar more recent image
Poster_300.jpg

Which shows off a lot of CBeebies but also the Smiler and other attractions.

Last edited:
It’s interesting how the Smiler has a cult following on different forms of social media. I remember at one point last year seeing somebody tweet that they give birth to the Smiler with an intense labour. :confused:

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.