• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2021: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Although you are right we shouldn't assume, typically if something at ATR is broken and it's going to cost more than a few hundred to fix... if they can get away with not, then they won't.

Leaving gondolas sat outside in the elements for long periods is hardly going to assist with any "issues".

See: Monorail trains / See: Duel Trommel / etc.

:)

These are gondolas built to last the winter and summer in the Alps and the one in the Alps are used all season round. There's nothing to suggest that these won't last as long as ones placed around the world and I think to suggest that a bit of rain would harm them with issues is a bit weak.

Of course there will always be repairs, but they're built for the conditions and to be honest, there's not much that goes into the materials or design that's not already been experimented through trial and error previously.

These are gondolas built to last the winter and summer in the Alps and the one in the Alps are used all season round. There's nothing to suggest that these won't last as long as ones placed around the world and I think to suggest that a bit of rain would harm them with issues is a bit weak.

Of course there will always be repairs, but they're built for the conditions and to be honest, there's not much that goes into the materials or design that's not already been experimented through trial and error previously.
I appreciate theyll last. But it'd be even better if they were stored in the purpose built warehouse.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Just booked 7 nights in Staffordshire next October and, all being well in the world, should smash 40-50 rides in 2 days out of peak season like we did this year!

Our trip this October was a massive highlight of 2020 and having not been to towers since 2006 and before children all the magic was still there.

One of my favourite places on earth and some of my best memories ❤

Nemesis 3 over 2 days iirc..

Was a really good balance between the big coasters and stuff like blade which tbh we did ride a good number of times as the kids were loving it. On, off and straight back round on several occasions.

Of the biggies it would've been oblivion we did most followed by thirteen.

Despite it being our first ride of the trip because of how we happened to be moving around we didn't get as much Wickerman action as we'd have liked so want to put that right next time.

Was Tuesday 6th and Wednesday 7th October we went and pretty much walked on everything.

Returned Friday 9th for opening of scarefest and I'd say we still did 10-15 rides despite the evening being a lot busier.

Handy that the Scottish school hols don't clash with England

Nemesis 3 over 2 days iirc..

Was a really good balance between the big coasters and stuff like blade which tbh we did ride a good number of times as the kids were loving it. On, off and straight back round on several occasions.

Of the biggies it would've been oblivion we did most followed by thirteen.

Despite it being our first ride of the trip because of how we happened to be moving around we didn't get as much Wickerman action as we'd have liked so want to put that right next time.

Was Tuesday 6th and Wednesday 7th October we went and pretty much walked on everything.

Returned Friday 9th for opening of scarefest and I'd say we still did 10-15 rides despite the evening being a lot busier.

Handy that the Scottish school hols don't clash with England
What's your favourite ride?

Favourite individual ride for me was front row at night on the smiler!

Thirteen, Oblivion and Galactica were our top 3 when the 4 of us voted everything out of 10 on the journey home.

Nemesis never let's you down either though and also really enjoyed wickerman as hadn't been on it before.

I honestly think you could go to towers every day for a week and have a different favourite each day. Depends where on the train you are, time of day etc.

I wonder how long next season covid restrictions such as social distancing and masks will be in place at towers. Hopefully by the summer the park will be operating like it would pre covid and the capacity won't be limited

I wonder how long next season covid restrictions such as social distancing and masks will be in place at towers. Hopefully by the summer the park will be operating like it would pre covid and the capacity won't be limited

As we go into infection rates worse than March. I think it is complete wishful thinking on anyones part to think we will be out of this by the summer. I would however, love to be proven wrong.

Surely once the vaccine comes online we will be saved? Surely they won't keep us locked down forever, In control and not willing to relinquish that control...

Surely once the vaccine comes online we will be saved? Surely they won't keep us locked down forever, In control and not willing to relinquish that control...
Well there's been plenty of conspiracy theories that the government will use the pandemic as an excuse to take away our free will or some crap like that

Well there's been plenty of conspiracy theories that the government will use the pandemic as an excuse to take away our free will or some crap like that

yes it’s all true, they want us to live under their control. Now let me get my tin foil hat, I have a protest to get to.

With Staffordshire Morlands going to to Tier 4 I think it's highly unlikely the Gardens dys will be able to go ahead next year if Towers had planned to do them again. :(

Last edited:
Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.