• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2021: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
They have a capped attendance due to Covid. There is no need to discount tickets for 2021.

After 17th May they'll be no person restrictions in place - very much doubt they'll continue to cap attendence if it's not longer mandatory in law.

After 17th May they'll be no person restrictions in place - very much doubt they'll continue to cap attendence if it's not longer mandatory in law.
That’s 21st if June if your referring to full relaxation and no limit on social contact, may 17th is just opening of indoor attractions and some other non essential indoor based business/attractions:)

Now, I'm not AT ALL against Alton installing these travelling flats. I think it's a good idea and much needed and I hope it leads to more permanent attractions. It's this or F all after all and I'm looking forward to once again visiting a park next season that feels far more lively and less barren than it has for the last 5 years. The location of this one is also highly appropriate, filling a much needed void in X sector on a location with an existing queue line that needs the extra attraction.

But.........

......dear god! Please get some cheap black/silver/Energiser blue stickers or spray paint and cover that grotesque "artwork" up with it. Even if it's just a couple of hundred quid job you've got to pay the supplier, it can't open next season looking like that. It currently looks like the panel behind the seats inside an independent truckers tractor unit. All it needs now is a Football Club logo flanked on either side by a naked lady and a poorly drawn Mickey Mouse and it'll look just like it!

I didn't mind the one they put in Forbidden Valley as much, but this looks terrible. Just tart it up a little at least.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

I'm still debating if I ride them. I'm not a flat ride fan, particularly the spinny ones, so no waltzer for me. Not so keen on the one in forbidden valley either. However this one in x sector looks alright I've seen a pov and it looks quite fun actually. Don't mind twisters either so might give them 2 a go

as Connor said, you are thinking of June. Also they won’t take bookings for higher numbers until much close to the time as if cases go back up the restrictions may not ease it some things (like social distancing and masks) might be kept for another few months.
I still don’t expect they will need to discount to fill the park.

Last edited:
It'll be up the exit and transfer like with every other flat ride.
Unless they put ramps from the ground to the platforms wheelchairs won't be able to access them. Most fair rides require you to step from the ground onto the platform; the ramps are off the ground. Plus a lot of travelling rides have walkways that are too narrow for wheelchairs.

Waterpark opening hours are now up on the website and tickets for 2021 are available to buy.

No midweek closes which is good news, hours have gone back to pretty much how they were in 2019. 4pm close off peak week days, 6pm weekends and 8pm May half term and summer holidays.

8pm close in May half term and Summer holidays?? I don't remember the park closing that late in 2019 o_O

EDIT: Wait I understand now, thought you were talking about the Theme Park opening times haha :tearsofjoy:

I'm still debating if I ride them. I'm not a flat ride fan, particularly the spinny ones, so no waltzer for me. Not so keen on the one in forbidden valley either. However this one in x sector looks alright I've seen a pov and it looks quite fun actually. Don't mind twisters either so might give them 2 a go
I'm the same mate, I've never set foot on a Waltzer and can just about handle a Twist. Don't think I'll ride the Super Trooper as it looks a bit too much but I rode a Smashing Jump last year and loved it (rode it twice as I enjoyed it so much). The Smashing Jump is definitely the least intense one out of the 4. :)

I queried with Alton why my pass wouldn’t allow me to book anything after the end of June and was told they are releasing pass tickets in 3 stages where July tickets can be booked from end of May onwards.
Has anyone with a season pass been able to book tickets for any dates after end of June?

I queried with Alton why my pass wouldn’t allow me to book anything after the end of June and was told they are releasing pass tickets in 3 stages where July tickets can be booked from end of May onwards.
Has anyone with a season pass been able to book tickets for any dates after end of June?

Yup there's three waves for ticket releases as follows:

Wave 1 – Released March 10th 2021
Attraction reopening date – June 30th 2021

Wave 2 – Released End of May 2021
July 1st – August 31st 2021

Wave 3 – Released Mid-August 2021
September 1st – December 31st 2021

There's no exact confirmed dates for wave 2 at present, they'll no doubt announce it nearer the time when restrictions (if any) are more clear.

Edit: I will say on a side note that it seems to be far better this year than it was last year, which is probably the booking restrictions preventing people booking every weekend for the sake of it. Looking a few nights ago, there was only the first weekend after opening and the Saturday after that was booked up so far. Everything else appeared to be still available, so much better job so far!

Last edited:
Unless they put ramps from the ground to the platforms wheelchairs won't be able to access them. Most fair rides require you to step from the ground onto the platform; the ramps are off the ground. Plus a lot of travelling rides have walkways that are too narrow for wheelchairs.

No different than having to go on the likes of Toadstool when it was open then.

Pretty much every ride at Towers requires transfer and steps.

No different than having to go on the likes of Toadstool when it was open then.

Pretty much every ride at Towers requires transfer and steps.
Toadstool had a wheelchair ramp up to the platform though, and the platform was flat with no steps to the seats. It was fully wheelchair accessible unlike fair rides. ;)

It looks like the park is looking to outside companies for F&B this season, as a job advert has gone up on Indeed for a Carvery and Grill on park. Hopefully they can get Towers Family Restaurant up and running again.

It looks like the park is looking to outside companies for F&B this season, as a job advert has gone up on Indeed for a Carvery and Grill on park. Hopefully they can get Towers Family Restaurant up and running again.

I wouldn't get too excited, as Carvery and Grill is the company that did the Scarefest/Oktoberfest catering units, so I doubt they'd be operating in the park's permanent locations. That said, it's an indication that perhaps we will get some events extended into the early part of the season.

In that case, false alarm folks. I knew it was bit too good to be true that they might be actually sorting their proverbial out concerning F&B lmao

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.