• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2021: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I’ve noticed on the app , that the design appears to have changed slightly on the interactive map for the speculated ride areas . Ripsaws site now has a perfect circle superimposed over it , the grass area has been filled in on the submission site , and the old Ug swinger site is conspicuously empty too . I could be misremembering the version of the map on the app, but this could indicate that the temporary attractions will be shown on this years maps

I’ve noticed on the app , that the design appears to have changed slightly on the interactive map for the speculated ride areas . Ripsaws site now has a perfect circle superimposed over it , the grass area has been filled in on the submission site , and the old Ug swinger site is conspicuously empty too . I could be misremembering the version of the map on the app, but this could indicate that the temporary attractions will be shown on this years maps

I'd imagine that would be a fair assumption to make!

Do we think Alton Towers will make a big fanfare about these temporary rides, or do we think they'll just quietly appear on the map?

It does seem odd how Alton Towers have been completely silent even though the details have already been leaked across various sites.

Do we think Alton Towers will make a big fanfare about these temporary rides, or do we think they'll just quietly appear on the map?

It does seem odd how Alton Towers have been completely silent even though the details have already been leaked across various sites.
I don’t see them making a big song and dance about these, to be honest; the main focus for this year is TWoDW. These are more intended as temporary, supplementary attractions.

It wouldn't harm them to just acknowledge it's happening, even if its just one post and then never mentioned ever again

I was wondering if that would happen. Will be interesting to see if they are included on the physical maps as well. If they are, that's a good indication that they will be there for most of the season.

Thorpe very successfully marketed three flats back when Detonator, Eclipse and Vortex opened in one year. I'm sure Alton could easy do the same if they wanted to, but as they are only for one year I imagine they don't want to. Would look very odd to the casual visitor to see a big fuss made about new attractions only for them not to be there the next year.

I know the plan is for them to be temporary but if they theme them properly then why not keep them? If Alton Towers offer a good price to rent/buy the rides then that would remove a lot of the risk for the fair companies who are probably financially struggling currently.

Thorpe very successfully marketed three flats back when Detonator, Eclipse and Vortex opened in one year.
It was Zodiac not Eclipse, Eclipse opened in 2003.

I know the plan is for them to be temporary but if they theme them properly then why not keep them? If Alton Towers offer a good price to rent/buy the rides then that would remove a lot of the risk for the fair companies who are probably financially struggling currently.

I don't think the showmen are likely to give up their livlihood that readily, and Towers would do much better from a maintenance and longevity point of view to buy new. Travelling flats historically struggle with the rigours of themepark operation.

It was Zodiac not Eclipse, Eclipse opened in 2003.

Indeed it was, slip of the thumb. I'd tried to forget Eclipse existed.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the park weren't planning some sort of yearlong pseudo-event, with the extra rides announced as part of the event line-up. A little like they did for their 30th Birthday, when they had a lot of extra bits and bobs going on as part of their 'celebrations'.

That would be a neat way to announce the rides without taking too much focus from Gangsta Granny, whilst also making it clear they are for one season only. Plus it would give them a good excuse for more entertainment - which I believe they have already announced they are planning this year. Perhaps the front lawns will be a year-log destination, rather then just during Oktoberfest and beyond.

I love the idea of a year long event , it would make sense to do a proper 40th year seeing as 2020 was a bit of a bust .

Meanwhile, a TikTok of all things shows the Twister ride is being installed on the Twirling Toadstools spot , next to the Carousel in Williams World . Surprising , but suggests to me that the whole area will open without Gangsta Granny

I had to either shell out extra for a lodge in the enchanted village or downgrade to the stargazing pods. But I suppose there was no other way to go about it.

I'm sorry to hear that. Can't you sleep on the back seat of someone's car so that you don't have to endure the pods?

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

I love the idea of a year long event , it would make sense to do a proper 40th year seeing as 2020 was a bit of a bust .

Meanwhile, a TikTok of all things shows the Twister ride is being installed on the Twirling Toadstools spot , next to the Carousel in Williams World . Surprising , but suggests to me that the whole area will open without Gangsta Granny
Intriguing! I thought Royal Carousel occupied the former Twirling Toadstool spot; has it been moved?

have u got the link to the TikTok :)

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.