• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2021: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Well the reviews are on trip advisor from the past week from people who went to towers…. And they are not good at all. Most complaining how busy it was
I'm sorry but what do they expect, the park to themselves? It was school holidays, glorious weather on the whole, coupled with the fact its the first real week families could get away together after lockdown and pretty much the UK's number 1 go-to place for kids/families who don't want to go to the beach. Of course it was going to be busy!

I was there on Saturday. Yes it was busy but I went there expecting that and planned ahead accordingly - such as taking my own water so I didn't have to queue for drinks or refills, eating in Woodcutters just before midday when the queue for it was non-existent. As a consequence, I had a fantastic day there and apart from the ride queues themselves, it didn't really seem that busy even though it was a sell-out day.

Well the reviews are on trip advisor from the past week from people who went to towers…. And they are not good at all. Most complaining how busy it was

This one made me laugh: "Long ques everywhere you go. I spent more of the day queuing than on rides. Waste of money."

Isn't that pretty normal? Unless you're doing re-rides of Nemesis at the end of the day and can run round the queue path in less than 1 min 20 sec...

Also it's queue, not que. Get it right people!

Yeah, some people do just like to complain for the sake of it. I'll echo that it was half term, glorious weather; etc. What really do they expect? Plus they had until 8pm so could still get a fair decent amount in I'd assume, or take the day leisurely. It's as if some of these reviews expect there to be like only 5k people on park smh.

I get this at work all the time, the people with the mentality to go on social media about it anyway tend to be the opinionated ones with bad things to say. If you look at Trip Advisor, it's hard to pick the genuinely legitimate concerns from the plethora of ignorance.

Customer Surveys also tend to go this way. If you're going to take the time to log on to a website and give your opinions, it's going to be a certain level of emotion that drives you to do that so these kind of things just turn into complaint hotlines.

There are plenty of things that people can and should complain about with Towers last week. But expecting it to be anything other than busy with queues during a sunny week, with the kids off school, foreign holidays banned and Covid restrictions easing is just moronic. I live next to the M5 in Somerset, bumper to bumper traffic all week and overturned caravans galore as people do the inevitable and head to the Somerset, Devon and Cornwall coasts and people are on Facebook complaining about that.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

I'd rather sit on a park bench than ride Colossus.

I don't rank coasters, but given the choice, without the travel logistics, I'd take 100 different coasters over Smiler in terms of the experience overall. Going upside down for the sake of it is not interesting. You only have to walk from X Sector to Forbidden Valley to see what fun you can have, with ten less inversions.

Am i allowed to love both Nemesis and The Smiler? They've both held my number one ranking at various times. I actually find The Smiler more comfortable than Nemisis due to whacking my ears on the B and M restraints often.

Still love Nemesis though, as i do The Smiler. Alton would be a less attractive place to visit without either of them

Am i allowed to love both Nemesis and The Smiler? They've both held my number one ranking at various times. I actually find The Smiler more comfortable than Nemisis due to whacking my ears on the B and M restraints often.

Still love Nemesis though, as i do The Smiler. Alton would be a less attractive place to visit without either of them
Of course old boy, yours is an opinion just like mine. If you want to know if you're right or wrong you'll need to check with @Ethan

Of course old boy, yours is an opinion just like mine. If you want to know if you're right or wrong you'll need to check with @Ethan
Best opinion so far if I'm honest. Just liking and appreciating how fantastic both coasters are. They're both great and we certainly are lucky to have both. I really like nemesis, not as much as others but there's not much negative things to say about it. There is arguably more negatives that come to mind with the smiler, however it's one of the only coasters at towers where I still get that exciting feeling when in the queue

This one made me laugh: "Long ques everywhere you go. I spent more of the day queuing than on rides. Waste of money."

Isn't that pretty normal? Unless you're doing re-rides of Nemesis at the end of the day and can run round the queue path in less than 1 min 20 sec...

Also it's queue, not que. Get it right people!
Ultimately if we're shortening it we could just make it q

I'm sorry but what do they expect, the park to themselves?

I'm guessing what they expect is a park running a meaningful reduced capacity, you know, like they say they are.

Like theatres and cinemas actually are.
Like Paultons actually are.

With the queue times and crowding we've seen it is clear that too many tickets have been sold for the actual capacity the cumulative parks attractions acan cope with.

I'm guessing what they expect is a park running a meaningful reduced capacity, you know, like they say they are.

Like theatres and cinemas actually are.
Like Paultons actually are.

With the queue times and crowding we've seen it is clear that too many tickets have been sold for the actual capacity the cumulative parks attractions acan cope with.
The capacity is the same as a normal weekend or peak day pre covid. I'd say there was easily 15k guests each day last week. The queues just seem a lot worse due to reduced throughputs on rides

The capacity is the same as a normal weekend or peak day pre covid. I'd say there was easily 15k guests each day last week. The queues just seem a lot worse due to reduced throughputs on rides

I don't know how many times this has to be repeated. Capacity is categorically not the same as it would be for an equivalent day pre covid. You only have to look at the spaces in the car park to see that the park is nowhere near the levels they would normally be at. There would be considerably more people on park than 15K over half term and weekends with the weather we've been having lately.

I don't know how many times this has to be repeated. Capacity is categorically not the same as it would be for an equivalent day pre covid. You only have to look at the spaces in the car park to see that the park is nowhere near the levels they would normally be at. There would be considerably more people on park than 15K over half term and weekends with the weather we've been having lately.
Well either way it's still a high capacity given the fact that 2 of the most popular rides are running on half capacity, no wonder they're always 2+ hours

Do you think park capacity has been reduced pro-rata with the reduced capacity of the rides?

Do you think park capacity has been reduced pro-rata with the reduced capacity of the rides?

In an ideal world I would imagine their general aim was to be able to do that yes, but no doubt business considerations came in and it gets bumped up a little more to make budget. But then even without that, it's hard to get things right when you have a larger proportion of relatively new staff who've had very little run in to the larger crowds and 4 new rides which are externally operated meaning no additional staff can be involved in operating them. Of course you've then got the maintenance issues that've been seen to throw into the mix, and the relative novelty of running rides in a covid secure way too. Oh and the massive RAP issues, musn't forget about that too!

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.