• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2021: Svalgurok & Snorri Strand (Rulantica)

AstroDan

TS Team
Favourite Ride
Steel Vengeance, Cedar Point
From ES Facebook page this evening:

Local news outlet Badische Zeitung has this weekend reported that construction fences will be going up at Rulantica at the start of March! Two new areas will be added to the waterpark: Svalgurok will have 'new slides' and be 'Germany's largest water playground' whilst Snorri Strand will be suitable for younger guests. We're very excited with the rapid nature of the first expansions to Rulantica and we expect them to open in 2021!

I wonder what we're going to see!?

Ground preparation is already well underway with a massive space being cleared and flattened behind Vildstorm and Frigg Temple. Behind Vildstorm a number of markers are in place on the flattened soil.

Very intrigued to see the new areas' theming and attractions.

Brilliant to hear the work on an expansion is well underway, and an outdoor expansion makes sense. It will allow them to increase the capacity of Rulantica at peak summer periods which will no doubt be essential.

Interesting that they’re going for another kid’s area. My impression was that they’re probably the best served market thus far with Rulantica’s current offer. I hope we get a signature attraction from one of the new slides - it’s needed.

Was struggling to add the photo normally for some reason so will just link twitter for now (sorry for the self plug then)

Fences going up yesterday along the back of part of Frigg Temple. Its quite a large amount of space being cleared behind Rulantica very intrigued to see what they will do. The 2 areas presumably then will be of quite a decent size and a considerable investment. So soon after opening, and with all the investments in EP recently too the Macks are truly on a roll!

In addition to Svalgurok and Snorri Strand, which were previously announced, in today's Rulantica Weekly video, which you can access via the Europa-Park YouTube channel, we learned that an existing expansion space in the water park is soon to be developed into a relaxation and sauna area - away from the hustle and bustle of the main hall! This is in addition to the two new areas being developed in the outdoor space. Great news!

Use Subtitles / Auto Translate for English:

In the lobby of Hotel Colloseo a model of the Rulantica expansion - the new slide tower that will be part of the new Svalgurok area - has been displayed.
Screenshot_20200507-133328_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20200507-133348_Instagram.jpg

Source EP Insider

Last edited:
This looks very cool. Does anyone have or seen photos of the full model? Would be great to look at in more detail.

J

Looks really cool! And the fencing is really nice. Usually in the US we only get the flimsy temporary fences that are not very nice...

Great to see such an immediate expansion, but aside from themeing there doesn’t appear to be anything particularly exciting hardware wise, which kind of just extends the problem with Rulantica already - lots of themeing but no stand out rides.

Great to see such an immediate expansion, but aside from themeing there doesn’t appear to be anything particularly exciting hardware wise, which kind of just extends the problem with Rulantica already - lots of themeing but no stand out rides.

Agreed; although I guess this is only a family area.

Hoping we see larger, more unique slides added in the next large expansion.

It's probably best for an expansion to start off small and then build towards bigger projects. Looking at the phased expansion map it does look like some big slides will be coming in the future.

This week's Rulantica Weekly has provided some more concept imagery of Svalgurrok!

Screenshot-82.png

Screenshot-81.png

Looks like we're in for a treat with some really cool body slides, a step up from the already good-fun Skip Strand area.

:)

Yes - I have really enjoyed the Rulantica weekly format. Almost saddened it is coming to an end. The professionalism of the content was second to none and, quite frankly, I have actually enjoyed the Rulantica content MORE than the Europa-Park Weekly content, which comes out on Saturday.

I am hoping we get some further preview stuff this Saturday for Piraten in Batavia...