• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2021: Svalgurok & Snorri Strand (Rulantica)

The pools for Snorri Snorkelling VR set to open this winter have been delivered.

The building is being set up on to the side of the main hall at Skog Lagune/Frigg Tempel.
snorri-snorkling-rulantica-gebaeude-artwork-full.jpg

snorri-snorkling-innenansicht-europa-park-vr-schnorcheln.jpg

Rulantica's project manager has confirmed Svalgurok will open 22nd May 2021 in time for the Pentecost public holiday weekend in Germany.

It's not yet public when the new outdoor kids area Snorri's Strand and new outdoor gastronomy offering will open too.
Source

Another photo of the construction (albeit similar to that posted above) from the parks Twitter, but with added snow!

It certainly puts into perspective the scale of the expansion. It dwarfs the existing outdoor pool which is isn’t exactly small in the first place.

iZwrfKc.jpg

From this weekend the Svalgurok and Snorri Strand construction site. Loads of slide parts stored on site too. Universal Rocks are in Rust presumably for Rulantica since we aren't aware of any park projects this off season.
20210123_163014.jpg
142299668_3830706850328738_2031953195140231678_o.jpg

20210123_165128.jpg
20210123_163123.jpg
20210123_163207.jpg

The exterior of the small building for Snorri Snorkling VR has been finished minus signage with a brick facade matching the water park hall too. On the other side of the park directly beside the changing rooms/lockers construction is underway for what's believed to be an extension of these facilities.
143020955_3830693453663411_1856666953603595932_n.jpg

Construction around YULLBE too
20210123_162148.jpg

Kronasar lockdowned...
142044690_3830703950329028_5042455342359924286_o.jpg

Last edited:
I suppose with the closure and lockdowns, etc they can probably get more work done without causing issues to the waterpark and hotels, which I assume would mostly be open throughout the whole year.

Anyone happen to know what that tower crane is for? It seems to be in the wrong place to be for Svalgurok.

I love how rapidly Europa-Park are able to make these changes. The locker/changing areas aren't big enough? Let's set about expanding as soon as humanly possible.

Good on 'em.

While not yet confirmed when it will be added to Rulantica thought I'll post about it here anyway. VR Coaster/Mack NeXT have been for a while developing SwimVR as seen in at 2:55 in this Rulantica Weekly episode.

A teaser for the future in park VR attraction exists in the Rulantica preview center under Foodloop - seemingly it will be called "Snorri Snorkeling".
20200903_183200.jpg

Rulantica have shared a look into the pool and systems being installed for Snorri Snorkling VR. You'll grab onto the handle and a water current will flow against you to give the sensation of swimming through the under water worlds of Rulantica.

Michael Mack has uploaded a new Svalgurok artwork to Twitter. There appears to be some additional pools in the background - possibly a lazy river? The themeing itself also seems to now be less icy.

I wouldn't read too much into the background feature they're not part of Svalgurok but proposals/plans for the what we might see in future expansions.
On the left is the future 2nd indoor hall (the current doesn't come so close to Svalgurok) and in the background on the right is a blue profile box for the future 7th resort hotel beside Kronasar.

I was about to post this. Hah!

This is the first hike since the park opened in November 2019, so I guess it's not entirely unexpected. Although, given Europa-Park is freezing admission for 2021... i

For comparison, Therme Erding is €48 and Tropical Islands €46. I guess they will keep Rulantica below those but given their prices, it's no wonder Rulantica is €42. Water Parks in Germany certainly seem to be more costly than the UK! Of course, they are also better. The culture seems different toward them, too.

It’s certainly quite spendy from a UK perspective, although clearly priced for the local market.

Rulantiica isn’t my favourite water park, so it feels like a lot of money to pay. I’d be interested to understand what the average visit period was, as there’s nothing to keep me there for longer than 4-6 hours - the opening hours are twice this long. The time spent there is most likely going to play into people’s perception of value.