• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2022 CBeebies Land additions

Squiggs

TS Team
I know our community is not exactly the target market for the new CBeebies Land additions, but I thought it might be worth having a topic open to discuss the new characters and experiences that have been added this year.

cbeebies-land-portal- 2022.jpg

From what I've heard so far, all the new attractions sound like they are good upgrades from what they have replaced. The changes to the two playground certainly look a lot more advanced than I think many of us were expecting when they were announced. I've not heard so much about the shows, so it'll be interesting to see if they are much of a change from the previous incarnations - I think it was quite an interesting choice to do new shows with Bing and Duggee in Big Fun Showtime rather than introduce new brands.

I know we have a few folk with young kids in and around the forum, so I'd be interested to hear if anyone's had chance to go with their youngsters yet and how they got on with the new additions?

cbeebies-land-2022-landscape.jpg

Ive not seen the peter rabbit character costumes out in cbeebies for a long time, its nearly always upsidaisy, iggle piggle, ubercorn, the octonaught captin,

I am taking my children on sunday. They have outgrown cbeebies now, but only one of them has hit 1.2. I think there are still some attractions which they’ll enjoy in CBeebies land. Mainly the octonaughts coaster and the new duggee playground, I’m an adult and even I think the playground looks like so much fun.

The play area looks so much better and has come a long way from being the Dungheap via Tree Fu Tom. I think they've got the right character for the attraction as well now. My kid's TV show knowledge is minimal but I suspect the phallic dog is much more popular than tree boy, and certainly more so than a steaming pile of turd.

Not sure on the dinosaur dig though. I'll give it a season or two until it becomes mothballed with minimal showtimes. Sure, the theming looks lovely, but they're the first thing to get cut in cost-cutting exercises. I think I'm right in saying its predecessor and Furchester Hotel were regular in their first season or so, but have been scaled back massively over the years it seems? A permanent small ride may have been a better long-term solution, perhaps...

I get the artistic style of Jo Jo and Gran Gran is obviously 2D, but the exterior of the attraction just screams cheap.

Will be interesting to see how long it takes for the next refresh now, or if they'll attempt a 10th birthday celebration given that it also lands on the 30th and re-opening of a certain best coaster in the country.

The play area is indeed excellent. Very frequent Duggee hugs from the big dog too.

20220609_110019~2.jpg

Andy's Dinosaur Adventure thing is a lot of fun too, kids were loving it and seemed to completely believe in the conversation with actual Andy. Shame it doesn't build to the Dinosaur greet, which would make a better ending.

JoJo and Gran Gran maybe feels a little sparce inside, but gives some good interactive fun.

Not sure on the dinosaur dig though. I'll give it a season or two until it becomes mothballed with minimal showtimes. Sure, the theming looks lovely, but they're the first thing to get cut in cost-cutting exercises. I think I'm right in saying its predecessor and Furchester Hotel were regular in their first season or so, but have been scaled back massively over the years it seems? A permanent small ride may have been a better long-term solution, perhaps....

Fortunately, my kids are now too old for Cbeebies, but unfortunately my partner is a childminder so that infernal channel is a constant on our set. I believe that Furchester Hotel is no longer made and is becoming a less regular feature. Mr Bloom's allotment on the other hand has been brown bread for years.

The play area is indeed excellent. Very frequent Duggee hugs from the big dog too.

20220609_110019~2.jpg

Andy's Dinosaur Adventure thing is a lot of fun too, kids were loving it and seemed to completely believe in the conversation with actual Andy. Shame it doesn't build to the Dinosaur greet, which would make a better ending.

JoJo and Gran Gran maybe feels a little sparce inside, but gives some good interactive fun.

I made sure to go and get my Duggee hug as well but I have to say that the badges they give out are the least sticky stickers I’ve ever seen! Mine didn’t even make it out of the playground before it fell off somewhere.