• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2022] 'Eatrenalin' Innovative Restaurant

Does anyone know if you can pre-notify about allergies on this? I'd really like to do Eatrenalin next year with my friend, but he is Celiac and worried how the experience would work for him etc.

Experienced Eatrenalin last week. My first part of the review will be spoiler-free, and any specific details will be in spoiler tags below.

First of all, I booked in July when it was €195 a person. It's €255 now, I believe, for the basic package. Was it worth it? No question, yes. Even at the higher price, I think it would be. As a point of comparison, a Michelin starred restaurant I've been to has a tasting menu for €175, not including drinks, so with drinks and a ride experience included, I think Eatrenalin is more than fairly priced. It's a ton of money for sure, but it's truly unlike anything I've ever experienced, so that alone justifies the high price.

The technology and coordination between the tech, the people, and the food is really world class. It was all incredibly smoothly run, from check-in to moving from each phase to the next, to the finale. No hiccups, the staff were all incredibly professional, and all of the cutting-edge technology worked flawlessly.

As someone else mentioned, the experience is WILDLY silly. Over-the-top, corny, the pinnacle of Mack Media-style audio and video. If that was the extent of it, I wouldn't feel so strongly positive... but the food, my lord, was it good. A few of the dishes rank up among some of the best I've ever had at a nice restaurant like this, which was incredibly surprising. I thought that the "experience" would do the heavy lifting and the food would be just okay or good, but no, the food aspect was actually incredible. The very first small dish you get in the lounge was completely out of this world, my partner and I are still talking about it days later. Of all the food, there was one single dish I didn't quite care for, out of about 13-15, depending on how you count them. The rest ranged between excellent and mind-blowing. I'm not really a "foodie" per se but having been to a couple starred restaurants, I would be completely surprised if Eatrenalin did not receive one in the future (though perhaps it being a "ride" might make it less serious in the eyes of those who make that call, who knows).

Also as mentioned before, the alcohol (which was great) flowed freely, and I was quite tipsy by the end.

The entire thing is in German, and while my German is pretty good at this point, I wasn't able to understand everything. You don't necessarily need to know any German to experience it, but there is a narrative and you'd miss out on that entirely. I think it would still be worth doing, but something to keep in mind.

The floating chairs make having an intimate night a little hard, as for much of the evening you are not next to your partner or party. Next to us was a group of three, two parents and a kid, and the dad was the odd one out, so his chair was often very far from the other two he was with. Sometimes you're right next to one another, sometimes you're pretty far away, which is kind of fun, but don't expect the same vibe as a candlelit table in the corner of a French restaurant.

The space scene was incredibly silly, and a little physically and visually intense for what is ostensibly a fine dining restaurant.

My one specific complaint with the whole thing was the "main course" room following the space room, which consisted of four big circular tables with four guests at each, one guest at 12, 3, 6, and 9 if it was a clock. This meant I was about 2 meters from my dining partner, and had to lean over and kind of shout a bit if I wanted to discuss things. This room also had not very much going on visually, and I'm not sure if it was a cycling thing, but we spent a little too much time in there and it began to drag a bit.

Also, for those who have been... I received the rose at the end :) Probably because during that entire scene I was visibly losing my mind at the absurdity of it all, but she did give it to me. I'm going to dry it and frame it.

Overall, it's a ton of money, €500 now for a party of two, so not exactly a casual thing... but I'm almost positive I'll be saving my lunch money to include this in my next trip to EP. It was really unlike anything I've ever done and I had a massive smile on my face the entire time.