• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2022: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Usually some rides are unavailable for the hire days (new rides are never usually open then), but I guess just depends on how the maintenance has been during the winter.

John Lewis usually hires the park out, not sure if that’s the case this year but if they have I imagine it will be the Saturday 5th.

I don’t think JL give the tickets to staff for free do they? It’s just a way of offering a day out at discounted price with low queues, so it doesn’t cost them money as they recoup the cost of hire from ticket sales.

Is this John Lewis AT excursion for employees and their friends and family?

Yep. Partners at John Lewis and Waitrose get quite a few leisure benefits such as being able to claim for concert tickets, exclusive hotels they can use, and company trips out both locally such as ones organised by the store to the theatre or similar and the bigger nationwide days out like AT.

I don’t think JL give the tickets to staff for free do they? It’s just a way of offering a day out at discounted price with low queues, so it doesn’t cost them money as they recoup the cost of hire from ticket sales.

Not sure if they charge or not, but they advertise the exclusive hire days as a staff benefit. I expect might be free for the partner and a small charge for family & friends.
Partner Benefits | John Lewis Partnership Careers (jlpjobs.com) - under your free time.

2022 Fastrack tickets are available to purchase now. It looks like the prices and packages remain the same as last year.

https://www.altontowers.com/tickets-passes/extras/fastrack/

Alton Towers have also replied to a tweet today to say parent swap will not be returning for 2022. It was removed originally due to covid and not being able to deal with parent swap and social distancing at the same time. I guess this is a ploy for more fastrack sales now?

2022 Fastrack tickets are available to purchase now. It looks like the prices and packages remain the same as last year.

https://www.altontowers.com/tickets-passes/extras/fastrack/

Alton Towers have also replied to a tweet today to say parent swap will not be returning for 2022. It was removed originally due to covid and not being able to deal with parent swap and social distancing at the same time. I guess this is a ploy for more fastrack sales now?

That seems a bit mean, it basically means that adults with children won't be able to enjoy the bigger rides. That's a huge portion of their demographic they'll be disappointing. I don't really understand how social distancing regulations pose a problem either, seems like an excuse.

Maybe they've come up with another solution that they're not yet ready to announce? Did parent swap add to the sometimes chaos that was the RAP queues? Genuine question as I don't have need to use either.

Maybe they've come up with another solution that they're not yet ready to announce? Did parent swap add to the sometimes chaos that was the MAP queues? Genuine question as I don't have need to use either.

Do you mean RAP queues?

Be nice if there was a MAP queue!

I believe parent swap would previously work as follows:

Parent 1 uses the regular queue and gets the parent Q pass marked as they board the ride.

Parent 2 then uses the card to access the fastrack queue line to have their ride.

As we get closer and closer to the 2022 season my hopes are increasingly fading for new temporary flats in the obvious areas, let alone something permanent. Apart from a couple of playgrounds in CBeebies Land and some weeding on the golf course, are there not any other rumblings within the community of any other developments for the 2022 season?

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.