• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2022: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Well they're hardly going to be running them at maximum capacity on day one when the park isn't exactly flowing with guests.

If you join the pre-queue, though, you’re ahead of the crowd joining at 10am; by the time 10am rolls around, you’d be practically on the ride if you joined a pre-queue early enough, and then you’d be able to join another queue straight after. And if you go to the right area (I often find Dark Forest works well to start a day in, personally), you can have the whole land knocked out by 10:30am or so, possibly earlier!

On my last visit, I got 2 rides in on Rita within the first 15 minutes, before then proceeding to a practically unheard of 10 minute Smiler queue, as Thirteen was broken!
I usually just start at forbidden valley do Galatica and blade a couple times and spend the rest of the first hour doing nemesis and usually can get around 5 rides on nemesis and then I finish the day at forbidden valley when its dead at that end again and leave through the hotel entrance and skip the traffic queues by leaving at around 5-10 minutes after ride closure.

Limited capacity on rides pre-season is fine to an extent. I think the let down for people today is that they obviously knew X Sector, certain CBeebies rides and CRR were going to be unavailable and it should've been communicated prior. All I'm seeing on Twitter is being stating they were told all rides should be available, when the park knew they weren't going to be, and that's really why people are mad.

Limited capacity on rides pre-season is fine to an extent. I think the let down for people today is that they obviously knew X Sector, certain CBeebies rides and CRR were going to be unavailable and it should've been communicated prior. All I'm seeing on Twitter is being stating they were told all rides should be available, when the park knew they weren't going to be, and that's really why people are mad.
"should" is the keyword here. People should take it with a large pinch of salt.

"should" is the keyword here. People should take it with a large pinch of salt.
But there’s a lack of honesty there as they surely would’ve known certain rides were absolutely not going to open - they then shouldn’t be saying that, they should communicate with people properly.

They are members of the public that are in the park though - and no I'm not there, but I just think it could have been dealt with much better, on behalf of the "public" who are there.

John Lewis day can always be a bit hit and miss, but generally the majority of the rides will be open and queues are always really minimal due to the low number of guests there. But having three or four major rides shut all day, and those that are open on low capacity will make it a lot worse.

Again towers not telling the truth before hand has come to bite them. They have known for weeks that some of these rides won’t be open for today, but of course haven’t told anyone. People are asking about tomorrow and again they still aren’t saying what’s going to be open or closed.

What is even worse is The Smiler and rapids have been shut for nearly 5 months, so there’s no excuse for those two rides not being ready. Blaming a recent storm (which was for one day two weeks ago, which didn’t really affect the midlands) is just a bad excuse.

They’ve got two weeks to sort it all out before the main season starts properly.

Are we also assuming that the Sizzler hasn’t left David Walliams world at all then?

And I know it was new when it came, and someone mentioned about Merlin not buying second hand rides.. but it is pretty much brand spanking new. So have they not just purchased it off the owner?

I don't think the smiler will be ready tbh. 2 weeks is nothing compared to the 4 months they've already had to prepare. If they can't get it ready in that time then god knows when it'll be ready

I don't think the smiler will be ready tbh. 2 weeks is nothing compared to the 4 months they've already had to prepare. If they can't get it ready in that time then god knows when it'll be ready
You're assuming it is something big/mechanical/electrical that is keeping the Smiler shut. For all we know, it could just be a matter of the safety paperwork not yet completed or staff not yet fully qualified and signed off to run it. The last 2 things I mentioned could still be a knock-on effect of the pandemic (people off ill etc) and they could easily be completed in 2 weeks.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.