• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2022: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
ERT had become a bit of a joke in the end anyway. Going back a decade or so it was genuinely a really good perk. You'd get an hour with a few good rides open that seemed to alternate every several months. It was only open to hotel guests and annual pass holders and there were seemingly far fewer pass holders back then. I can remember at ERT opening most of the time that there wouldn't be that many people in the separate ERT queue. Some hotel guests and a spattering of annual pass holders. The queue for non hotel and annual pass holders was usually a fair bit bigger and they would look on in profound sadness as they saw the special gate opened for you to go in and enjoy yourself when they had to continue to stand there for another half an hour or full hour (sometimes they let them in a bit earlier than normal ride opening time but you couldn't get to ride without showing a pass or hotel booking). It was really good and worth turning up early for. Then over time they introduced ERT for those booking online, then went mad on selling loads of cheap annual passes and also reduced the time down to 30 minutes. Eventually pretty much every guest had ERT so it was hardly fit for purpose any more. I won't mourn the loss of the modern ERT.

It's actually been 9am they've been letting people in! We've been in queues last year at 9:10!
But what's the point of that? Someone explain how that's a good idea? So you wait for ages before the rides even open when you could get there at 10 and queue much less time

But what's the point of that? Someone explain how that's a good idea? So you wait for ages before the rides even open when you could get there at 10 and queue much less time
You're not really queuing though because the rides aren't open. It also wouldn't be much less time at 10 because the queue will have built up (for certain rides). You can smash an area out by 10:10am if you're there super early.

Say you arrived at the park entrance early one day at 9.15/9.30am (for argument's sake), would you rather be couped up on the plaza with everyone else rocking up for 45 minutes or be able to roam the park for a bit? I know which I prefer.

Say you arrived at the park entrance early one day at 9.15/9.30am (for argument's sake), would you rather be couped up on the plaza with everyone else rocking up for 45 minutes or be able to roam the park for a bit? I know which I prefer.
I think they should let guests in early yes but personally I'd rather stroll around for a bit before it gets closer to 10 rather than standing waiting at a ride entrance for ages

If you join the pre-queue, though, you’re ahead of the crowd joining at 10am; by the time 10am rolls around, you’d be practically on the ride if you joined a pre-queue early enough, and then you’d be able to join another queue straight after. And if you go to the right area (I often find Dark Forest works well to start a day in, personally), you can have the whole land knocked out by 10:30am or so, possibly earlier!

On my last visit, I got 2 rides in on Rita within the first 15 minutes, before then proceeding to a practically unheard of 10 minute Smiler queue, as Thirteen was broken!

If you join the pre-queue, though, you’re ahead of the crowd joining at 10am; by the time 10am rolls around, you’d be practically on the ride if you joined a pre-queue early enough, and then you’d be able to join another queue straight after. And if you go to the right area (I often find Dark Forest works well to start a day in, personally), you can have the whole land knocked out by 10:30am or so, possibly earlier!

On my last visit, I got 2 rides in on Rita within the first 15 minutes, before then proceeding to a practically unheard of 10 minute Smiler queue, as Thirteen was broken!
Yeah I agree with this - I'd done Rita, Roller Disco, TH13TEEN, Galactica, Nemesis, The Blade and Funk'n'Fly last year within roughly 80 minutes by waiting in Dark Forest from about 9:10 - it's definitely a strategy that works!

There’s a heck of a lot of rides closed today. I wonder if John Lewis knew this ahead of paying for the buy out?

Yeah they're taking quite the bashing on Twitter for telling people in advance all rides would be open, when in fact all of X Sector, CRR, Go Jetters, Peter Rabbit and Get Set Go are closed all day - and Duel, Hex, TH13TEEN are yet to open as well. They seem to be blaming X Sector on the recent adverse weather causing a routine maintenance delay but I don't know how much I buy into that?

There’s a heck of a lot of rides closed today. I wonder if John Lewis knew this ahead of paying for the buy out?

Probably not in so many words. But JL come back year after year to have the park for a day in early March and ride availability is always awful, so they should know by now what they are in for.

Probably not in so many words. But JL come back year after year to have the park for a day in early March and ride availability is always awful, so they should know by now what they are in for.
It's not like this, though. Normally it might be a handful of rides down and there is some chance of rides re-opening later in the day.

I'm more interested to know what the operations are like for the rides that are open. Wonder how many trains WM, nemmy, galactica and Rita are on

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.