• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2022: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Long queues and downtime across the park today. Very poor to not extend ride close.

Wouldn't have happened last season.

Yeah that’s some bull right there. Should say “we’ve closed Wicker Man early because we can’t be bothered to keep it open late on a one train service”

I think the reason is legit - I was in the queue last night when it got dark after 6pm and the queueline got very dark, especially from the shop round to going under the lift hill. So I think they are justified in the decision. Imagine if someone fell down the steps in the queue - all hell would be let loose in the media over them having no lighting on. The chain lighting is there as usual but there is no generator to power it.

Then get a generator in to power it then :)
Well clearly they've decided not to. And there is probably a secondary reason too of having staff working another near 12 hour day as the staff wouldn't finish much before 8 like last night. Maybe they don't have enough staff today to keep it open longer.

Indeed, if this lighting situation is genuine then it is a problem of their own making (not having enough usable trains), there are solutions to overcome this (using the queue line lighting that is in place) but they have chosen not to bother doing that.

This leads to a poor customer experience. It’s not good enough.

Was fine yesterday? Maybe the queue line is too poorly lit for guests to navigate after dark?

Translation:

Too many people join the queue for the night ride and they are too cheap to pay the wages to staff to keep the place open.

Translation:

Too many people join the queue for the night ride and they are too cheap to pay the wages to staff to keep the place open.

I really don’t think it’s a cost thing, in the grand scheme of things it wouldn’t be expensive. It’s possible it’s a WTD concern or they just want the staff not to be over worked. It’s also possible they want the ride back in tech services hands earlier in the evening to sort out the problem with the trains.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.