• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2022: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Bad fag packet!
First of all, you missed all the employers expenses...nat ins and so on, makes wages costs much higher than the minimum wage.
Then there is the presumption that all the people that paid to attend today would have come back again this season on a paid ticket...many wouldn't, they would have likely purchased a season pass instead.
Total true lost revenue...a couple of grand or so probably at most.
Additional actual coat to Merlin to revalidate tickets for reuse...zero, the park will be open and running on the return dates anyway.
Again, today's problems were very likely to be covid/staff related.
That’s why I only did very conservative numbers as in basing the £18k on just 500 people claiming a return ticket. Yes, the park will be open regardless on these return days, but every guest still has to pass through the turnstiles and pay in one form or another.

Seeing the availablity and queues today, I had a thought; as well as the queue times boards (which there aren't that many of and no ot everyone will spot them) and the mobile app (not everyone has a smartphone!), would regular audio announcements of the queue times be an idea? Would ensure that everyone knows what the current queue times are, regardless of where they are in the park.

That’s why I only did very conservative numbers as in basing the £18k on just 500 people claiming a return ticket. Yes, the park will be open regardless on these return days, but every guest still has to pass through the turnstiles and pay in one form or another.
Unless you are one of the quarter million Soaraway Sun Readers!

We had an ok day today. Very strange this morning though. We got to do all the 1.2 coasters in the end, and mine train when that eventually opened, although my youngest was disappointed that she couldn’t sit at the front as that was roped off and ‘reserved’ for rap, this kind of miffed me a bit. I get it makes things easier for staff but also feels a tad unfair, I’m pretty sure rap get the back row on nemesis too but can’t be 100% on that. Not a huge deal though just one of those slightly annoying things that could be implemented a bit better I think.

I saw from wickerman that maintenance were looking at the lift hill on the rapids, hopefully it won’t take much to fix and get it open again.

Last edited:
Seeing the availablity and queues today, I had a thought; as well as the queue times boards (which there aren't that many of and no ot everyone will spot them) and the mobile app (not everyone has a smartphone!), would regular audio announcements of the queue times be an idea? Would ensure that everyone knows what the current queue times are, regardless of where they are in the park.
No.

Dont think any park in the world does announcements of queue times? Some parks barely have board showing them, Disney typically only has one wait time board in the hub of each park.

Maybe if all rides in an area are closed AT should do more to stop people walking unnecessarily in that direction with some additional staff or signage on specific pathways. But announced stuff interrupts music and themed atmosphere, in queues safety information should be given but that’s it.

The park used to have those old school dot matrix style LED queue boards in the late 90s and naughties - they were always useful .
There are still screens around the park, but I personally find the app better.

I’ve just read that skyride was down for 90mins today with people on it! I did notice that it was down a lot today. Not sure I could handle hanging over the gardens for that long!

Anyone who pays the £65 gate price is a fool. It has to be inflated so that the 241 price is acceptable.

Yeah because everyone who attends the park does so in a even numbered group......oh wait.

Much better availability this morning. However - Hex is no longer on the app or map?

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.