• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2022: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Yup, the Armoury was the park's main gift shop for around 40 years, possibly running into the Picture Gallery (Hex's first two pre-shows). Before that, the two rooms seem to have been used as the park's main Cafeteria (in the Picture Gallery) and Licenced Bar (the Armoury), though I've never quite been able to work out if these facilities were actually in these rooms or the neighbouring wing that wraps around Cloud Cuckoo Land (the maps from that period aren't that great).

Don't get me wrong I'm fully aware of the restrictions for planning with old buildings, but provided the restoration meets the criteria and standards there is no reason the towers couldn't be restored fully to be here for decades to come.
I think they will always stand as ruins, to restore them fully to a furnished mansion House would be monumentally expensive and probably unnecessary. It's been in ruins since the early 20th century and very little of the original fixtures or fittings still exist. Also there's a question mark about 'restoration' and what that even looks like - at what point in it's history do you restore it back to? Think at them moment they just need to focus on making them structurally sound and prevent any further decay and I think that's being done. They did restore the window last year at least.

Rough start, but think overall did a good job weather had an impact, but ride availability good at some points. Nemesis was walk on from about 3 and galatica not long after.

I think this event has got quite a bit of potential, it's got some good idea's behind it. As @jon81uk says it's certainly had a bit of money spent on it.
I am looking forward to seeing what they've done in terms of what bands are where and what they'll be playing.

This event does actually feel quite expensive, they are paying eight bands/DJs/musicans as well as the dancers/performers plus they have made some custom scenary for each stage. Possibly a better event than Mardi Gras in some ways.
I'm guessing all the bands and DJs are local? If so, that's great that they're using local talent and giving them a platform for people from all over the country to see them.

Shaun's vlog shows most of the different performers;

Loving the fact that the Thirteen Wraiths are back as well!

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.