• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2022: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Visited AT yesterday and had a great day. Managed to get 10 rides in including all the big 7 minus the Smiler as we chose to leave that and reride Rita and Galactica instead. I'm quite happy with what we managed to get in given it was pretty busy, which I expected as I know it is the Easter holidays, but this was my only opportunity to go for a while and I wanted to visit during the Festival of Thrills.

The Smiler didn't open until later in the day which sadly kind of screwed up our initial route, and Spinjam was only open for while in the morning which was disappointing since I wanted to try it. Nemesis had stopped operation 3 times whilst we were in the queue as well but it was not for very long at any of the times and I think was due to a guest dropping something of the ride so wasn't the fault of the park.

As for the Festival of Thrills we only caught some glimpses of the acts as we were choosing to prioritise the rides instead, but for the most part they seemed great! However it was clear some of the performers were much more enthusiastic than others. I would agree now after visiting that the choice to not use the lawn stage was very bizarre, as there are lots of different acts throughout the day, surely some could perform there whilst not at their respective stages? I think more roaming characters would have been an improvement, plus generally some more indication that an event was on, like posters and banners, signs pointing to the stages, etc, plus merch! I was hoping to buy some as a souvenir but realised it appeared to be the only event without any.

Reading this back I feel like this is quite a critical post but I would say it really was a great visit. It was a fun, sunny, busy day and the park had a great atmosphere. I think there is absolutely room for improvement in the Festival of Thrills, but I think to some extent that is to be expected of a first time event.

I broke my own rule of visiting on a Saturday and joined the queue at just after 17:50. Advertised 60, from where the queue was it would normally be far more than that. Got on in 35 mins. Shows how much RAP and Fast Track can be day ruiners for the many.
I was just about boarding then after being in the single rider queue. Joined it when it was at the bottom of the stairs at about 17.10 and it took about 35-40 minutes.

And I saw what I thought wasn't possible - someone queue jumping from SR to the main queue over the dividing fence on the stairs. All because his group had caught him up! Head first over the top. Shame he didn't hit his head on the floor on the other side because he deserved to.

The opening times aren't ideal but you can definitely get plenty done. I got 20 rides in 10-4 on Monday. And that was a 5pm so would've been busier. Don't see it as much of an issue

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.