• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2022: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I'm arriving on tuesday 3rd, reckon it will be dead?
Tuesday 3rd, as a "Bank Holiday Tuesday" will be BUSY. The actual Bank Holiday Monday will not be busy, as folk stay away on the basis they think the place will be packed. Wrong. They all go on the Tuesday instead thinking they are being clever to avoid the crowds - and they are wrong.

It has been like this for years - even back when I worked there, you always dreaded the Tuesday after a Bank Holiday Monday.

This one is the rare term time one though...most kids are back at their desks on Tuesday, barring the odd "Baker Day"...What do you mean, showing my age???
Of all the bank holiday Tuesdays, this is the quietest.
Lots of right wing employers insist on everyone back as well, no International Workers Day Hangovers accepted by the management.
I have suffered that more than once.

Yeah, I purposely picked an off peak/no school holidays as I do my best to avoid going when kids are there. Keeping my fingers crossed lots of adults won't have the same idea but too late now, all booked!

Yeah, I purposely picked an off peak/no school holidays as I do my best to avoid going when kids are there. Keeping my fingers crossed lots of adults won't have the same idea but too late now, all booked!
I imagine queues will be between 20-70 mins depending on the ride. Always going to be a queue for smiler and wicker man

Currently in an advertised 30 minute Wicker Man queue - estimating it will be as little less as I’ve queued for 6 minutes and am currently at the side of the lift hill. Haven’t waited more than 5 minutes for anything currently, but I think I’ve just timed them right. It definitely seems busier on park than a 4pm close. Really loved Spinjam, will post full thoughts later!

Tuesday 3rd, as a "Bank Holiday Tuesday" will be BUSY. The actual Bank Holiday Monday will not be busy, as folk stay away on the basis they think the place will be packed. Wrong. They all go on the Tuesday instead thinking they are being clever to avoid the crowds - and they are wrong.

It has been like this for years - even back when I worked there, you always dreaded the Tuesday after a Bank Holiday Monday.

Will it be dead on the Wednesday again though, that is the question 🤔

Queueing for ice cream in a gigantic queue - towers street is heaving, the weather is lovely - hope no one tries to justify a 4pm close again, because after attending one today, I can safely say it should not be a 4pm close today. The middle of the week seemed acceptable, but not today

Yeah, whilst I get that 4pm closures are better for guests than mid-week closures, if they must advertise 4pm then they really should extend as soon is it's clear 4pm is inadequate (this might be possible a few days before based on ticket sales). There were several dates in 2018/19 where queues reached an hour and the park stubbornly shut at 4 (there was also that time they extended to 4:15 and we all decided they had lost the plot).

Had a pretty good day on park - managed 21 rides but that's eating lunch on the go, not really having a breather.
TowersStreet was so busy at the end of the day queues for Chocolate and Waffles and Ice Cream, also Donuts were massive. We queued for 10 minutes for an ice cream per my previous post, my dad said to me as a joke "we'll get to the front and they'll have sold out" and they actually had! :tearsofjoy: :sweatsmile: Group in front of us were last to get one.
Anyway ride wise - including waiting times, ill put advertised at the start and what we waited in brackets
Rita 0 (0)
Roller Disco 0 (0)
TH13TEEN 0 (0)
Gangsta Granny 0 (0)
Flavio's Fabulous Fandango 0 (0)
Oblivion 0 (0)
Spinjam 0 (5)
The Smiler 40 (0 in SRQ)
Nemesis Closed (5)
Duel 0 (0)
CRR 0 (0)
RMT 0 (0)
Wicker Man 30 (20)
Spinball Whizzer 5 (5)
The Smiler 15 (0 in SRQ)
Oblivion 5 (0)
Spinjam 5 (5)
Galactica 15 (10)
Funk'n'Fly 10 (0)
Nemesis 5 (0)
Rita 10 (10)

All in all good, but I'm even less convinced 4pm is good seeing how busy it was. For example, I was queueing for Funk'n'Fly early in the day and it broke down - it was spinning at the end of its cycle and it looked like the operator couldn't get it to lower down, I assume she estopped it because it genuinely took about 5 minutes to lower - we were evacuated and the woman behind me told me that her and her family had been evac'd from 4 rides already - which I do actually believe based on things going down.
The only other upset was walking from X Sector (after the second go on Spinjam in the list) to Dark Forest to find that TH13TEEN had just closed and Rita's queue was being evac'd at the same time. It meant we'd just wasted time essentially as I'd already been on Roller Disco.
Ops were great though - every coaster was on its maximum capacity, Galactica 2 stations 3 craft, Oblivion 2 sides 5 shuttles, TH13TEEN/Wicker Man 3 trains, Nemesis/Rita 2, The Smiler 3, as the 4th is still out. It did seem like one of The Smiler's trains had been taken off though, as it was running 3 during the first ride, and only 2 during the second. Also, Spinjam is a fantastic ride I loved it! When it speeds up though my legs and feet went really numb, I assume that's the force? Because blimey is it intense! Great ride though - wouldn't be adverse to a permanent one, plus a permanent Smashing Jump in Enterprise's spot, which is still nowhere to be seen.

If you get on 21 rides, it is difficult to argue about 4pm closes!
I'm gonna do it anyway, not everyone would've got on 21 rides because they probably plan significantly less than me. Yeah it was fine for me for today i guess, but it shouldn't be a thing. Some people probably just queue for whatever they say, and hardly get on anything and before you know it, its 4pm and they're kicking you off the rides. It made it bearable but I know how to play it, but it still should not be a thing.

I do hate the 4pm closes, as even when is quiet you do find yourself not chilling out so much and rushing a bit at lunch if you are planning on doing most rides.
However I so think the 4pm closes are generally okay on a mon-thurs, but Fridays are usually busier (and sometimes Mondays) when they should be a 5pm close. Also when it’s a nice day people will happily stay (and spend) longer.

Had a pretty good day on park - managed 21 rides but that's eating lunch on the go, not really having a breather.
TowersStreet was so busy at the end of the day queues for Chocolate and Waffles and Ice Cream, also Donuts were massive. We queued for 10 minutes for an ice cream per my previous post, my dad said to me as a joke "we'll get to the front and they'll have sold out" and they actually had! :tearsofjoy: :sweatsmile: Group in front of us were last to get one.
Anyway ride wise - including waiting times, ill put advertised at the start and what we waited in brackets
Rita 0 (0)
Roller Disco 0 (0)
TH13TEEN 0 (0)
Gangsta Granny 0 (0)
Oblivion 0 (0)
Spinjam 0 (5)
The Smiler 40 (0 in SRQ)
Nemesis Closed (5)
Duel 0 (0)
CRR 0 (0)
RMT 0 (0)
Wicker Man 30 (20)
Spinball Whizzer 5 (5)
The Smiler 15 (0 in SRQ)
Oblivion 5 (0)
Spinjam 5 (5)
Galactica 15 (10)
Funk'n'Fly 10 (0)
Nemesis 5 (0)
Rita 10 (10)

All in all good, but I'm even less convinced 4pm is good seeing how busy it was. For example, I was queueing for Funk'n'Fly early in the day and it broke down - it was spinning at the end of its cycle and it looked like the operator couldn't get it to lower down, I assume she estopped it because it genuinely took about 5 minutes to lower - we were evacuated and the woman behind me told me that her and her family had been evac'd from 4 rides already - which I do actually believe based on things going down.
The only other upset was walking from X Sector (after the second go on Spinjam in the list) to Dark Forest to find that TH13TEEN had just closed and Rita's queue was being evac'd at the same time. It meant we'd just wasted time essentially as I'd already been on Roller Disco.
Ops were great though - every coaster was on its maximum capacity, Galactica 2 stations 3 craft, Oblivion 2 sides 5 shuttles, TH13TEEN/Wicker Man 3 trains, Nemesis/Rita 2, The Smiler 3, as the 4th is still out. It did seem like one of The Smiler's trains had been taken off though, as it was running 3 during the first ride, and only 2 during the second. Also, Spinjam is a fantastic ride I loved it! When it speeds up though my legs and feet went really numb, I assume that's the force? Because blimey is it intense! Great ride though - wouldn't be adverse to a permanent one, plus a permanent Smashing Jump in Enterprise's spot, which is still nowhere to be seen.
Sounds like a great day! 21 rides in 6 hours is good going and your plan looks like my perfect day. Assuming one booked in advance and paid £38, it works out at £1.80 per ride. Not bad value for a theme park with several world firsts.

Last edited:
Rita 0 (0)
Roller Disco 0 (0)
TH13TEEN 0 (0)
Gangsta Granny 0 (0)
Oblivion 0 (0)
Spinjam 0 (5)
The Smiler 40 (0 in SRQ)
Nemesis Closed (5)
Duel 0 (0)
CRR 0 (0)
RMT 0 (0)
Wicker Man 30 (20)
Spinball Whizzer 5 (5)
The Smiler 15 (0 in SRQ)
Oblivion 5 (0)
Spinjam 5 (5)
Galactica 15 (10)
Funk'n'Fly 10 (0)
Nemesis 5 (0)
Rita 10 (10)

Smiler was on 3 all day. Sometimes it took a while for the train to get back in the station depending on dispatches. Sometimes a train was waiting behind the one being loaded and sometimes it took a train a good 20 seconds to get into the station after the last one dispatched

Festival of Thrills entertainment was dreadful. Clashed with the area and murdered some songs. Not a fan.

We got 22 rides at a leisurely pace yesterday including a 30 odd min trip to Explorers. Would it be nice if park was open until 5? Yes. Preferably throw Festival of Thrills into the lake and an extra hour opening instead would be nice.

Smiler 1
Spinjam 1
Oblivion 1
Runaway Mine Train 1
Duel 1
Nemesis 5
Galactica 1
The Blade 1
Gangsta Granny 1
13 1
Rita 1
Spinball 1
Heave Ho 1
Marauders Mayhem 1
Wicker Man 3
Congo River Rapids 1

I don't think that's really the point. I've done 21 rides by 2pm at EP once. Should that have closed at 2pm?
It is precisely the point.
If you can cover all the main rides in the park, twice, easily, on a 4pm closure day, the park can justify the opening hours.
It is an economic business, running in trying, inflationary times.
Your EP comment is not relevant...we are talking AT here, different league, different topic. I don't suggest any park shuts at 2pm, so no, EP should open past 2pm, every day it is open.
Hard to justify a complaint of closing at the advertised time when you got over 20 rides in, at a rough cost of a quid each...far less on a season pass.
A good day was had.
We had similar...no grumbles on a quiet sunny day in good company with short queues.
5pm closure at the Beach, but we had to leave early to beat the queue at 'spoons!

It is precisely the point.
If you can cover all the main rides in the park, twice, easily, on a 4pm closure day, the park can justify the opening hours.
It is an economic business, running in trying, inflationary times.
Your EP comment is not relevant...we are talking AT here, different league, different topic. I don't suggest any park shuts at 2pm, so no, EP should open past 2pm, every day it is open.
Hard to justify a complaint of closing at the advertised time when you got over 20 rides in, at a rough cost of a quid each...far less on a season pass.
A good day was had.
We had similar...no grumbles on a quiet sunny day in good company with short queues.
5pm closure at the Beach, but we had to leave early to beat the queue at 'spoons!
Agree with this. If its quiet and you get in plenty of rides then the opening times are definitely justified. I left early yesterday because I'd done everything I wanted multiple times.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.