• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2022: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
As expected to be honest, it appears Gangsta Granny along with the Royal Carousel will be remaining closed for the foreseeable.

While I personally think it the right decision, it is a shame that the park is now down yet more rides. There are currently no (non-upcharge) dark rides in operation.

"...for the foreseeable" definitely implies that there is no end date in mind, whereas yes, these rides will almost certainly reopen in 10 days.
Thank you, this is what I thought - when The Smiler was closed in 2015 it was closed "for the foreseeable". I wouldn't have closed them personally, as it should be people's choice if they chose to go on those rides, (and could still be respectful) but objectively I can obviously understand why, and that's what they've chose to do, so that's fine.

Thank you, this is what I thought - when The Smiler was closed in 2015 it was closed "for the foreseeable". I wouldn't have closed them personally, as it should be people's choice if they chose to go on those rides, (and could still be respectful) but objectively I can obviously understand why, and that's what they've chose to do, so that's fine.

Oh my goodness, I was merely suggesting the rides are probably closed for a while out of respect, rather than presenting a speculative opening date as fact, as the truth is none of us actually know what will happen from here.

Anyway, its a sensitive issue for many and it was not my intention to create a rather trivial debate so will leave it there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Oh i thought it was because the Brothers, Sisters BF found out towers was getting the trains replaced for new ones with built in VR, they are prepping to swap out the teat seat.. 2023 Galactica V2

Visited yesterday, park was busy, but not rammed. Octoberfest added a nice feel and atmosphere the shows we watched were good and the churros with biscoff was nice. I do hope with the announcement of a new dark ride and the change in duel the park will look to add more flat rides to help with ride times.

I've had a quick search on here and not seen anything about this so I'll post it. Watching KD Adventures' Oktoberfest vlog they speak about the lockers at the main entrance and how they have been changed. On the instruction board, it says that for £7.50 you can transfer your locker to other ride lockers as you move around the park:

1663271048724.png

Has anyone tried this system yet? I've seen no advertising for this so it looks like one of those long-wanted solutions many have wanted that has just quietly been introduced under the radar!

I've had a quick search on here and not seen anything about this so I'll post it. Watching KD Adventures' Oktoberfest vlog they speak about the lockers at the main entrance and how they have been changed. On the instruction board, it says that for £7.50 you can transfer your locker to other ride lockers as you move around the park:

1663271048724.png

Has anyone tried this system yet? I've seen no advertising for this so it looks like one of those long-wanted solutions many have wanted that has just quietly been introduced under the radar!

Sounds like the same system as SeaWorld & Busch Gardens use. It kinda works there. You pay at the first kiosk and set up the seven digit code, then a four digit one. The kiosk assigns a locker and you enter the four digit code to open it. When finished there was an end rental button which erases your code from the locker. Go to the kiosk at the next ride, enter then seven digit code and it assigns a locker and you set the four digit code for that one and so on.
It’s a bit of faff bascially renting a new locker at each kiosk but using the 7-digit code instead of paying again.

1663271048724.png

I’ve seen them but never used them. Believe they are new this year and replaced the previous lockers. There are also far far less lockers than there used to be, but I guess people just not use them as much as they used to.

You’ll find them at the entrance, near Galactica, in the Dark Forest and next to Oblivions entrance.

Hi, new to TowersStreet :) I only get to visit Alton once a year, and always for Scarefest - longer hours and scare mazes make the big trip up worth it.

For the new lockers, are they roughly the same size as before? The large lockers are a godsend whenever we come up, because we will stay in a hotel and then on our last day take our stuff to the park and put in lockers. Always thought this is great compared to Thorpe Park - the first time I asked a lady who worked at TP where the lockers were she looked at me like I was crazy :tearsofjoy:

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.