• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2022: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
4pm is bad when rides are at reduced capacity, because it creates queues that there is no need to create. It is bad, we have the same conversation every year, and it won't change. 4pm with rides on maximum capacity (which I'm sorry they should be if you're a paying guest at now over £60 might I just add!) might just be tolerable.
No guests will actually pay £60, that’s just the price for the two for one vouchers. Most guests will pay the £30-40 online price.
Realistically if queues are under 5 minutes there is no need to add more trains on those quiet weekdays.

Personally I still think being closed Wednesday to allow for 10-5 on all other weekdays would be okay for the quiet March/September weekdays.

This past Sunday should have been 6pm. If you’ve got rides on park with queues of 90+ mins then the park is busy (or you haven’t got enough trains running, which is the case). Galactica and wicker were both on one train, and both had massive queues, Smiler stayed above an hour all day as well.

I get the 4pm closes in the week (however I still think it’s bad for a park like towers to have these early closes), but hopefully we get better hours as the season goes on.

Galactica on one train and presumably one station sounds awful. Galactica was on one station two trains on my visit last year and that was bad enough. I imagine it was infuriating being in the queue for it.
Indeed. I won't be bothering with galactica and Rita until night rides now

Any news on Enterprise or Hex? Does anyone know if Enterprise gondolas are still missing? I was thinking Hex might've just not finished its maintenance but maybe its a technical issue?

Looks like someone's pet project ... it is amazing how much time and money Merlin throw at this old hardware. It was incredible how much attention Thorpe gave to Slammer rather than just giving up on it like Six Flags did.

Is that cultural or just an admission that they binned off so many flat rides, they have to keep tending to what they kept ?

My guess is they know they need flat rides and it’s relatively simple to maintain unlike Ripsaw (though I have heard rumour they regretted scrapping ripsaw but there was a lot of financial pressure due to the Smiler incident).

Would it be cost effective just to buy another Enterprise compared to how much they spent?

Effectively if they ever got rid they’ve had to put another circular ride in. Nebulez or however you spell it anyone? 😂

Also I’d LOVE to see a Top Spin come back, Ripsaw was one of my favourite rides at the park. I doubt the park would look at getting one again, and for that matter has any park ever got rid of a ride and then bought it back as such?

Would it be cost effective just to buy another Enterprise compared to how much they spent?

Effectively if they ever got rid they’ve had to put another circular ride in. Nebulez or however you spell it anyone? 😂

Also I’d LOVE to see a Top Spin come back, Ripsaw was one of my favourite rides at the park. I doubt the park would look at getting one again, and for that matter has any park ever got rid of a ride and then bought it back as such?
Drayton removed their Huss pirate ship and T-cups rides. Guest surveys a few years later indictated these where much missed attractions so they added newer versions back into the park, while a different manufacture (Intamin for both) they are essentially the same type of ride.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.