• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2022: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Nah, we’ll be getting a cross valley B&M hyper with a splashdown in the lake.
nah Mack mega/Hyper perimiter coaster with Exodus multi deal, 3 station multi launch people mover, with a family, thrill and extreme section depending where you board.

Get on in Ceebibies land for a gentle ride over to the back between oblivion/ dark forest. Extreme section from there over round air*/nemesis and stopping on the sub terra site.

And a final stretch around back to Ceebibies with a duelling corkscrew through the entrance plaza, in tribute to the corkscrew track.

Is that enough of a cap ex budget ??

Depending on who you ask, Alton Towers might already have had a launched RMC, had things panned out differently.

"The pipeline is incredible", eh? Should be an interesting addition to the Retro Squad.

Although most rides are walk on, I've been here when it's been much quieter.
I've been here today and yesterday and it's the most dead I've ever seen it however still found it watching the swarm of hundreds of people walking up towers street at the end of the day knowing a lot of the days will be 10x busier

I've been here today and yesterday and it's the most dead I've ever seen it however still found it watching the swarm of hundreds of people walking up towers street at the end of the day knowing a lot of the days will be 10x busier
I do a midweek visit around this time every year and it's of course always one of the quietest days of the season. But I've been here where a staff member has offered to ride Oblivion with me due to me being the only guest waiting, where I've chosen my row on every single coaster.

It's encouraging that this is the first "normal" year since the pandemic and it's nothing like the seasons previous to it. It's noticeably far busier than 2016-19 by a country mile. Whilst 0-15 minute waits on an app won't show that, I can see from the pathways there's more people here than I usually experience, the operations are decent and the trains are going out full. I've experienced dead many times and it's certainly not it today when you compare it to previous years. Which is a good thing of course. I hope it's a decent season for the park.

Crowd level was 1% today even had 10 walk ons on the smiler with 8 of those being on the front, the operator's were being really really kind with me making sure my restraint was loose each time because I've bruised my shoulder on the ride before when it was tight.

Best day I've ever had at towers to be honest and usually won't brave more than 1 or 2 rides on the smiler but the ride hosts made the ride really really enjoyable for me and would now rate it my number 1.

But it was absolutely amazing being there with everything being a walk on and fair play to every staff member today being so accommodating and cheerful.

I visited on Sunday and the staff were great then too, so positive and looked happy to be there. The staff on the Mine Train coaster in particular were an absolute joy, really added to the ride experience. We got on the last 2 trains of the day and they gave us extra laps, ended up going round 8 times. It made my 6 year olds day. Choo chooo.

Crowd level was 1% today even had 10 walk ons on the smiler with 8 of those being on the front, the operator's were being really really kind with me making sure my restraint was loose each time because I've bruised my shoulder on the ride before when it was tight.

Best day I've ever had at towers to be honest and usually won't brave more than 1 or 2 rides on the smiler but the ride hosts made the ride really really enjoyable for me and would now rate it my number 1.

But it was absolutely amazing being there with everything being a walk on and fair play to every staff member today being so accommodating and cheerful.
I must make a note to take some leave this time next year! My first visit last year was towards the end of June and I thought it would be quiet, but ended up getting stung with poor ride availability and the Scottish summer holidays which was an oversight on my part.

I honestly forgot how quiet this period of the year was - being as we've not had it since 2019. Also, re the new stage in X Sector (presumably for Festival of Thrills), is it completely blocking Enterprise's entrance, indicating its not opening for the foreseeable?

We've just become Merlin Pass Members, how busy do you think this coming Monday 4th of April will be. Will be 2 adults and 2 kids one child over 1.2, but under 1.4. Noticed opening times are 10 till 4, could these get extended.

We've just become Merlin Pass Members, how busy do you think this coming Monday 4th of April will be. Will be 2 adults and 2 kids one child over 1.2, but under 1.4. Noticed opening times are 10 till 4, could these get extended.
4th April is coming up as term time for Staffordshire so it shouldn't be too busy, if the park discover that they have a lot of people coming in from other counties then they may add an hour.

10 rides on the Smiler?! I must be getting old cause I did 3 (spaced out) last week and felt rough afterwards! Lol. It’s my number 1 ride at towers too. You were lucky with the ride ops tho. I normally put my arms under to keep it as loose as possible for the airtime hills, and they just growl at me ‘arms out’ and then push it right down. 🙄

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.