• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2022: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Has anyone noticed the Runaway Mine Train seems slower than normal like too slow for some points of the track?

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
Interesting… I guess the ride is 30 years old now, so perhaps the motor could be showing its age a bit by now? Maybe it’s coming up to needing replacement? (The motor I mean, not the ride)

The motors are individual and can be replaced when needed, it could be that one of the motors is down maybe so running a little slower and unlike the newer mack PLC’s i think that RMT is still Op speed controlled to an extent.
Interesting… I guess the ride is 30 years old now, so perhaps the motor could be showing its age a bit by now? Maybe it’s coming up to needing replacement? (The motor I mean, not the ride)

Just a few thoughts on the event from yesterday.

As to be expected, Mardi Gras has been significantly improved since last year in its first restriction-riddled incarnation.

The entertainment felt a lot more apparent even if you aren't to actively seek it out.

All of the entertainment seemed to be quite invested in their performances, and the (not quite) end of day parade was refreshing to see. Why this wasn't done at 5pm on the dot with a show on Towers Street to conclude however was beyond me.

The Food Street feels far more spread out this year, which is no bad thing to disperse crowds and queues across the entire pathway. The Mardi Bar pontoon is certainly an experience, and it's clear to see why they don't want people jumping around on it. I hope this makes a return for future events!

There are still a few tweaks here and there to make the event feel more whole, however. Entertainment such as the show in the Walliams area in addition to the parade itself don't appear to be very well advertised despite their merits.

Great to see the event return and in a much more triumphant guise.

Having visited yesterday, I've got to echo Danny in that there's a definite improvement this year. Shed loads of entertainers around on Towers Street in the morning, and there was a real buzz about the place despite the relatively low crowds yesterday. Despite this, the food stalls seemed to be very busy and nice to see the prices have been adjusted somewhat in comparison to last year. It's still not cheap by any means, but at least there's a little more in terms of authenticity this year and no £18(!) pizzas which were frankly ridiculous. I do think they could've done with another 1 or 2 stalls though, there did seem to be some pretty hefty queues at times. I'd love to see some truly independent places get a chance to turn up, rather than solely rely on their events provider to source things as well. Maybe have a few rotating guest spots for a week or even a weekend throughout the 4 weeks of the event?

The bar is a welcome addition, and great to see that they've made some attempt to re theme it from its Oktoberfest guise, it looks decent! The pontoon is a really fun addition, walking on it does feel like you've downed 5 pints after barely touching just one, but it's a really chilled out space. The little stage facing the bar is a nice addition, although I think I'd have preferred it out over the food street part as it's a little hidden away from the crowds walking along that path. While it's nice to be sat on the pontoon bar and still able to hold a conversation without being drowned out by huge speakers blaring in your direction, I think one of two speakers wired in on the pontoon itself would make things a tad more immersive.

The entertainers walking around were great yesterday, coming over and interacting with guests all over the shop - everyone seemed to be on great form. Having all of them on Towers Street at the end of the day was great too, providing a really nice atmosphere to finish the day. Quite a few new bits of theming around too, which is good to see! Still annoying to see that huge stage left up doing nothing on the lawns mind, but I guess construction costs means taking it down isn't really a realistic option.

Towers must really have some staffing issues. No other reason that they'd run Galactica and Oblivion on reduced capacity on a relatively busy day. Oblivion on 1 station resulting in an hour wait when on 2 it'd probs only be 30-35

Towers must really have some staffing issues. No other reason that they'd run Galactica and Oblivion on reduced capacity on a relatively busy day. Oblivion on 1 station resulting in an hour wait when on 2 it'd probs only be 30-35
I mean the shortages in the leisure and hospitality sectors have been discussed at length even on this forum in the past couple of years or so, nothing has changed now we're into 2022 so it's no surprise really. There's been loads of articles for the park advertising 300 roles available in recent weeks with Therese Coffey the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions visiting to publicise the vacancies. We've also had some puff pieces going out to push the resort as an employment opportunity for those who perhaps wouldn't normally consider it, highlighting different working hours fitting in with having kids etc.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.