• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2022: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Was on park for the first time this season yesterday, we had a pretty relaxed day, only riding the B&Ms Th13teen and RMT. Operations are a bit sketchy but not horrible, Th13teen was stacking a lot.

I feel like I need to fall on my sword a little bit on the F&B front, I have argued that Alton don't want to be in a situation where they are paying staff (if they can find them) to compete with themselves but ... yesterday it was actually a pain to find somewhere open to give them money for food we wanted.

We hopped off Galactica and wanted some lunch, Forbidden Valley was offering coffee or donuts, so we headed back through Katanga (dismissing the buffet as we wanted something a bit lighter) to Mutiny Bay, where Burger Kitchen was closed and the queue for Eastern Express was snaking back to the toilets (fairly appropriate after my last experience there). So we walked to Sky Ride and headed right back over to Dark Forest where Burger Kitchen there was indeed open (and very quiet).

On the plus side, the veggie option this year (spicy bean burger) is probably the best they have had for a long time and with pass discount, £15 for two meals, was pretty good value, I thought.

I am not sure if the additional Mardi Gras food trucks (which I didn't see until later in the day) have meant it makes sense to mothball other locations, or if that's unconnected, but I didn't really spend very much. As someone who is pretty prone to spending liberally in a theme park, I think they could have got more out of me. My only spending was lunch and two bottles of water from a vending machine.

They'd be guaranteed something if I went through Towers Trading on the way out, but the lure of the Galactica gate was just too great.

I never noticed this until TPW pointed it out… as it turns out, the personalised gift screens at Alton Towers don’t show any of the park’s coasters on them. They show… Mako at SeaWorld Orlando:

I wonder why the park doesn’t just show one of their own rides? It seems like an oddly far away ride for the park to put onto their gift screens…

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder why the park doesn’t just show one of their own rides? It seems like an oddly far away ride for the park to put onto their gift screens…

Probably because the company who make the kiosks has already licensed that footage and didn't want to pay more to license other footage. Also AT probably didn't think to give the kiosk company the video they want to be used.

Ever wondered what it's like to have Alton Towers on your doorstep?

From that article:

“Our friends over in Staffordshire decided to pay Alton a visit to find out just what it's really like to live and work next door to the Alton Towers, which is visited by thousands from around the world each year.”

Well I knew it had been quiet recently with attendance but I didn’t realise things were that bad!

For those who have been on park over the last couple of weeks, is Enterprise still in bits and the same sorry state it was at the start of the season?

Are there any indications of any progress in terms of rebuilding it? We’re only 4 weeks or so away from peak season now.

For those who have been on park over the last couple of weeks, is Enterprise still in bits and the same sorry state it was at the start of the season?

Are there any indications of any progress in terms of rebuilding it? We’re only 4 weeks or so away from peak season now.

I’d say just see it as a bonus if it reopens this summer, I wouldn’t be entirely surprised if that’s it for the ride after 38 years at Towers.

Galacticas queue line audio is still buggered.

When I went a month ago it was randomly playing weather warnings and cease operation announcements… now they’ve seemingly just turned it off.

Shame - it’s my favourite soundtrack.

Galacticas queue line audio is still buggered.

When I went a month ago it was randomly playing weather warnings and cease operation announcements… now they’ve seemingly just turned it off.

Shame - it’s my favourite soundtrack.
What did you think to the operations today? Was a relatively busy day for a 4pm close

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.