• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2022: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I think the words I would use to describe my visit yesterday are:

'flat'
'lethargic'

Alton just wasn't anywhere near its best. Operations were mediocre, hours weak, entertainment limited for peak summer and too many ride spots rotting.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
Oh dear; that’s sad to hear. Were there any particular areas of concern, or was it just all generally a bit flat?

Nemesis is overrated but I wouldn't want to see it go. Its highly unlikely the ride that would replace it would be as loved and iconic so I think the retrack is the best solution to preserve the ride for years to come. Regardless of the cost of the retrack it'll be worth it to keep nemmy around

Me saying it's overrated isn't a bad thing. It's regarded as one of the best rides in the world so the higher rated a ride is, the more likely it is to not reach your expectations

To be fair it isn’t the best coaster in the world status it was in 1994, what’s weird about it is it hasn’t dropped like a stone in the rankings like most coasters do.

If I’m honest with the new post RMC layouts manufacturers are offering, I suspect nemesis will drop down the rankings. The reason Nemesis rates highly in old enthusiasts minds is because it was probably the first coaster ever to say the law of diminishing returns doesn’t have to win (basically the most intense part of the ride can be two thirds into the circuit).

Prior to Nemesis every coaster started big and went downhill from there. That’s not the case now but in many ways Nemesis paved the way, you only have to look at its main competition in PMBO to see that.

Nemesis is overrated but I wouldn't want to see it go. Its highly unlikely the ride that would replace it would be as loved and iconic so I think the retrack is the best solution to preserve the ride for years to come. Regardless of the cost of the retrack it'll be worth it to keep nemmy around
To the Dungeons with him!

I don't think its edited it's just the water has only splashed that far up. The only thing I noticed was how disgusting the water looks.

No water available from the freestyle machines at Towers. Still dispensing soft drinks but if you want to fill your water bottle it means going to a kiosk and potentially queuing up. This along with the ones at Thorpe and Legoland not working for the past week or so, seems like Merlin are having a bit of a nightmare with the freestyle machines at the moment.

Couldn’t this be for anything though? Praying it’s an incoming flat ride next year though. I would accept a third year of the retro squad if permanent flats are being phased in, and the RS will be being phased out

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.