• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2022]: Josefina's Imperial Magic Journey

It's a real pity that they consider this project finished for now. The new boats do make a big difference but the plans they had for the new station and food outlet looked fantastic!

Hopefully they do get revisited in the future. The Adventureland Food Station and surrounding areas do need looking at.

Ugh, this is so frustrating. Yes, it looks much better than v1, but you can still some of the hedges look like they're growing from /hovering above the water. The lack of re-theme for the area opposite the station is also disappointing - the concept art had so much potential.

I’ve seen a couple (but not many). Made sure I had a boat beer myself to try and up the numbers.

I suspect one of the problems though is that the ride signage actually says you can’t take food and drink on. They need to be positively advertising that you can take food and drink on and enjoy it on the tables if that’s the intention.

I’ve seen a couple (but not many). Made sure I had a boat beer myself to try and up the numbers.

I suspect one of the problems though is that the ride signage actually says you can’t take food and drink on. They need to be positively advertising that you can take food and drink on and enjoy it on the tables if that’s the intention.

A confirmation of boat beer! Please, if you don't mind, share a full trip report. How stable was the table? Did the length of the ride give you enough time to leisurely sip your drink, or were you rushed? Was there any difficulty in getting on or off the boat with your drink? And how far from the ride was the place where you got the beer?

A confirmation of boat beer! Please, if you don't mind, share a full trip report. How stable was the table? Did the length of the ride give you enough time to leisurely sip your drink, or were you rushed? Was there any difficulty in getting on or off the boat with your drink? And how far from the ride was the place where you got the beer?
These are exactly the sort of questions that need answering!

In addition - were you allowed to stay on if you had not yet finished your fine beverage?

Happy to oblige.

Beer was acquired from the snack stand outside of Fjord restaurant. We then walked across. Strangely a lot of people seem to avoid the table seats when selecting where to sit. The ride itself seems to have gained some additional popularity from its refurbishment so queues were quite steady all day - this means that rerides are dependent on a bit of luck with the queue being quiet.

Getting on and off the boat wasn’t too bad, however one would imagine it could become more difficult depending on how many beer boats you have experienced that day.

Stability wise, we did grab the cup on one or two corners. Note also that the park has recently instated the refillable plastic cup policy akin to other European parks. We used said cup to fill with our own beer brought in with us for a reride later in the day - I love to be sustainable!

As far as ride time goes, it was I’d say a perfect time period for finishing a 0,4cl beer, although that clearly depends on your thirst and drinking speed.

Wonderful. Simply wonderful, thank you for sharing.

I'm not sure what it is about the ability to drink a beer at a table on a slow-moving boat ride that does it for me, but I really wasn't joking when I said this was my most anticipated addition of the season. I can't wait to experience it myself.

(It dawns on me that they could potentially market this as a budget-conscious alternative to Eatrenalin)

Wonderful. Simply wonderful, thank you for sharing.

I'm not sure what it is about the ability to drink a beer at a table on a slow-moving boat ride that does it for me, but I really wasn't joking when I said this was my most anticipated addition of the season. I can't wait to experience it myself.

(It dawns on me that they could potentially market this as a budget-conscious alternative to Eatrenalin)

I totally agree on most anticipated addition. In my dreams, I’d imagined that the new station would have had a bar located mid-queue, such as to encourage beer collection pre-ride. Alas that appears to now be a pipe dream.

There is certainly something particularly civilised about beer boating though and I can only imagine the appeal will increase as the weather gets warmer.

In other positive alcoholic boat news, Magellan is currently a hive of activity with what appear to be preparations for reopening imminently. The parasols are now in place and a rope has appeared across the bottom of the steps in place of a makeshift barrel closing off the new entrance stairs.

Next time gonna have to drink on all the boats. Josephinas, Liberte, Magellan's, Marionetten Bootsfahrt, Piraten, Fjord Rafting, ASS, Poseidon

We ticked off ASS over a decade ago at the infamous beach parties, where Hot Portuguese ASS was born. Magellan, Liberté I have also had the pleasure already.

Nigloland also offers a boat booze facility.

I've only been able to drink on the Liberté. Does sound like a fun crawl through the park. I forgot Tiroler as well

Europa-Park are now offering picnic baskets on Josefina’s somewhat magical boat ride, where you get 4 snack boxes and 4 drinks:

IMG_3254.jpeg

(Photo from one of the EP passholder Facebook groups)

A really good idea I think!

I’d always thought that some sort of bar or outlet would have been integrated into the new station building, so it’s great to see this as an (admittedly lesser) alternative.