• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2022]: Josefina's Imperial Magic Journey

I did this today, and I have to say, I think it’s a really nice ride! There’s lots of good scenery, the effects are really good, the fountains work really well, and overall, I thought it was a really nice, well-done ride!

The new ride is a vast improvement on what was there before, and will be even better with the 2023 additions. It looks lovely, especially with blue skies and the sun shining down. All of the new fountains add a lot not only to the ride but to the lake.

Some of the paint on the theming where the mist effects are is already peeling off. No doubt this will be addressed either later this year or for 2023.

'SPOILER PICS'

Just returned from my Europa Trip and rode this twice - the ride is very charming, and is basically Europas 'Voyage to the crystal grotto' from Shanghai Disneyland, there's a lot going on, lots of animation I.e. not simply static statues and ALL the fountains

I did used to like the jungle rafts, for several reasons, I liked how random a jungle ride was in the middle of the park, the 80s animal animatronics etc but thats mainly down to my personal quirks etc, but the new ride is very nice, it is perhaps a bit too feminine and princessy when the jungle ride had a broader appeal in that respect.

It would be nice to see a more substantial dark ride section (I wasn't expecting there to be one at all - so that was nice) - I'm not sure how permanent the trellis tunnel will be or if its just a place holder for a building - I'd like more of a Merlins quest type grotto/show building, but there is a nice projection effect in there.

There's also a couple of subtle nods to its predecessor! - the whole lake area looks stunning to be honest!

Attachments

• 20220516_131050.jpg
    20220516_131050.jpg
    288.6 KB · Views: 33
  • 20220516_163723.jpg
    20220516_163723.jpg
    486.7 KB · Views: 31
  • 20220516_163639.jpg
    20220516_163639.jpg
    416.1 KB · Views: 31
  • 20220516_163751.jpg
    20220516_163751.jpg
    563.1 KB · Views: 31
  • 20220517_170434.jpg
    20220517_170434.jpg
    280.1 KB · Views: 31
  • 20220516_163557.jpg
    20220516_163557.jpg
    359 KB · Views: 32
  • 20220517_165900.jpg
    20220517_165900.jpg
    288.3 KB · Views: 32
In the Mack Bank preview centre all of the 2023 Josefina phase 2 concepts have been removed and replaced with a generic introducing the Yomis characters from the ride sign.
index.php

This comes after some rumours recently that the new station and restaurant would be delayed.
The models showing off the new boats are still present.

I have been wondering why construction hadn't started yet. Once the Christmas event ends they have less than 3 months before the parks open again. Even if the ride doesn't reopen with the park the major construction would need to be done then to avoide shutting off large sections of the park.

Totally agree with this. It seems very unlikely this will now be built for next year. With Voltron not opening though, one has to wonder why the delay.

Will be a real pity if this has been delayed. I assume the new boats will still be a thing for 2023 as they've probably been in production but the rest of the project was really something to look forward to.

I was surprised to see that the ride was opening this Winter Season as it did not give them much time at all to begin work without the project dragging way in to the main summer season. Maybe they have just decided that now is not going to be the right time to have a chunk of the park closed off for construction. Or maybe there are other budget related pressures. Either way, I guess 2025 is more likely at this rate with Voltron in 2024.

German EP fans had their annual Winter Event in the park today which always includes a management Q&A; reports coming from that suggest they said other than the boats and a few minor changes nothing more will be happening with Josefina. Created a bit of a buzz with many left with the impression phase 2 has been cancelled completely.

Source Source

Hoping it's just a miscommunication/understanding (as in nothing happening this year) and the area, especially to get rid of the awful last remnants of Adventure Land, will be completed for a future season rather than just left as it is.

I'm still disappointed by this. Almost more than Voltron delay.

With the delay to Croatia, surely getting this rectified would have been of paramount importance for 2023.

After welcoming record guest numbers in 2022...

I don't get it.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

It’s also curious that the new boats have the row with a table - a feature I had imagined would be linked to some sort of F&B offering in the queue line. I’d imagined floating around the lake with a beer collected from a queue line bar.

A real shame if this doesn’t happen, but I can unfortunately believe it. I’m not sure why else it would be just delayed, especially with nothing else major seemingly on the horizon for next season.

We don’t know if there have been delays/cutbacks and if so, what the reasons are. But it’s hard to think of another theme park that’s been less visibly disrupted by Covid. It’s amazing how much has happened over the last few years, given the global circumstances. Without this it will be a ‘quiet year’, but that’s partly a testament to how big most years are. At most parks, a new slide tower in their water park, and a new fleet of boats for a scenic ride, would be considered a strong investment. I’m sure there will also be new shows and other developments we don’t know about yet. It’s only a quiet year by Europa Park’s standards.

Hopefully lost in translation and they just meant that nothing else will be happening this year rather than the project being cancelled. I am sure they know that what is left of Adventure Land does need work, regardless of whether it is going to be the plans we have seen or not.
We don’t know if there have been delays/cutbacks and if so, what the reasons are. But it’s hard to think of another theme park that’s been less visibly disrupted by Covid. It’s amazing how much has happened over the last few years, given the global circumstances. Without this it will be a ‘quiet year’, but that’s partly a testament to how big most years are. At most parks, a new slide tower in their water park, and a new fleet of boats for a scenic ride, would be considered a strong investment. I’m sure there will also be new shows and other developments we don’t know about yet. It’s only a quiet year by Europa Park’s standards.
Also don't forget that Votron was going to be a 2023 addition. It is only the supply issues with the chips that means it will not open until 2024.

A bit more news on the future developments of Josefina's. As per below, a park spokesperson as apparently stated that the project has been postponed due to the park's resources being taken up by other projects. It has not been cancelled.

I was thinking about this. Currently this is ongoing:

• Croatia / Voltron development (£10s of millions)
  • Staff accommodation (£millions)
  • Rulantica expansion (£millions)
  • Power Supply developments £10s of millions)
I guess we're just hitting a wall in terms of how much can be going on at the same time. Hopefully something small will be pulled out of the bag for 2023 in the park, though.