2022 Speculation

Discussion in 'Future Discussion' started by Skyscraper, 30th Jun 2021.

1. Plastic Person

Plastic Person TowersStreet Member

RE; 2011 crustaceans.

Still a memorable zenith/nadir in the history of Alton's PR.

Last edited: 28th Sep 2021
    Rojo, MaxPower and Rick like this.
  2. Rose Of Dawn

Rose Of Dawn TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Eejanaika (Fuji-Q Highland)
    Did they not know what a crab is?

Rojo likes this.
  3. Rojo

Rojo TowersStreet Member

Shame they wouldn't understand my favourite dad joke!

What's the difference between a dirty bus stop and a large-breasted crab?
    [​IMG]
    One's a crusty bus station, and the other is a busty crustacean.

James, MattyH, MaxPower and 4 others like this.
  4. JAperson

JAperson TowersStreet Member

As much as I really do like the sound of a nemesis donut shop and to be honest I really want them to do this at some point I don't see it happening.

I'm really not sure what Alton Towers will add next year if anything. I posted my thoughts on the options of previous pages but I'm still really unsure as to the course they will take. I don't think they'll do absolutely nothing although I accept that it could be something really small and trivial. I was thinking about this today and racking my brains for what I think they should do (not what they will do) and I came to the conclusion that they should add attractions to Walliams world first.

I think a show would be nice in the old Ice Age 4d cinema. An actual stage show would be great however I think if it happened it would likely be another 4D show. Just out of interest how easy would it be to convert that theatre back into a performance theatre? Other options for attractions in walliams world include walkthroughs or small family flat rides. They really have no shortage of material to use with the walliams book IP and to be honest I see no reason why they couldn't come up with plenty of other attractions for the area.

Skyscraper likes this.
  5. WillPS

WillPS TowersStreet Member

Unlikely enthusiast dreams aint what they used to be.

Nerdsticks, Rojo, MaxPower and 2 others like this.
  6. JAperson

It's not the direction I want the park to go in but I do think a nemesis themed donut shop would be cool.

7. MaxPower

MaxPower TowersStreet Member

I'm convinced that 2022 will be the year of Air tunnel....

WillPS, Rojo, Rick and 4 others like this.
  8. Jb85

Jb85 TowersStreet Member

The world will end and the tunnel will still be the same

Last edited: 5th Oct 2021
    Olivus Prime, Rojo, Rick and 5 others like this.
  9. Thameslink Rail

Thameslink Rail TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    The Smiler
    As it's coming to the end of the season, I thought I would share what I would like to see next year

NEW FLAT RIDES
    MIXTAPE II - SMILE ALWAYS
    RIPSAW'S REVENGE

If the Retrosquad are going at the end of the season, I hope they find replacements for at least some of them, Mixtape seemed to be a hit so I would like that sort of ride again (I'm not particularly picky about the model so long as it can cope with park operations). I'm also thinking what to do in Forbidden Valley and I miss Ripsaw so perhaps a suspended Top Spin.

DAVID WALLIAMS’ THEATRE:
    SHOW TIMES

THE BOY IN THE DRESS
    10:00, 13:30

MR STINK
    10:30, 14:00

BILLIONAIRE BOY
    11:00, 14:30

GANGSTA GRANNY
    11:30, 15:00

RATBURGER
    12:00, 15:30

GRANDPA’S GREAT ESCAPE
    12:30, 16:00

THE MIDNIGHT GANG
    13:00, 16:30

FILMS LAST APPROX. 15 MINS
    EXTRA SHOWINGS ON EXTENDED HOURS

The theatre has been screaming out to be used since David Walliams opened and I think the area will feel dead without Flavio's Fandango (unless they find a replacement) so I would like to see the theatre reopen and showing cut-down versions of David Walliams' films.

Rojo likes this.
  10. Squiggs

Squiggs TS Site Team Team Member

Afternoon all. I'm just in the middle of updating the TS Christmas pages as the ride line-up has now been announced and thought I'd flag some interesting line-up changes that might indicate the direction of travel for 2022.
    • We already knew that the World of David Walliams would be included this year, but Flavio's Fabulous Fandago isn't currently included in the event line-up so it does look like it will be gone by Christmas.
    • Cuckoo Cars is included, so that would suggest that theme is hanging around for 2022.
    • Justin's House has been re-added to the CBeebies line-up, but no Charlie and Lola, so it looks like they may well be gone for good, as has been suggested by it remaining closed all season.
    • Mr Bloom's Alotment, a show that show always used to be included pre-pandemic, is also still missing from the Christmas line-up.
    • Most interestingly in CBeebies, however - Tree Fu Tom has also been removed from the line-up, so make of that what you will.

Skyscraper, JAperson and Matt N like this.
  11. Matt.GC

Matt.GC TowersStreet Member

I hope they're no just going to remove Flavios then not bother doing anything else with Walliams World.

JAperson likes this.
  12. Matt N

Matt N TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Mako (SeaWorld Orlando)
    Was Tree-Fu Tom in the Christmas lineup in 2020? If not, then could something be happening with the land for 2022?

As for Mr Bloom and Charlie & Lola; interesting that they haven’t returned given that some of the less COVID-friendly elements of Towers have returned (for instance, Justin’s House and Wicker Man pre-show)…

As for Flavio’s; could the park be reusing the theatre in 2022, or building a new flat ride?

13. AT86

AT86 TowersStreet Member

I would have thought a retheme of Cuckoo Cars could be done between Jan and March quite easily, if it was on the cards.

Realistically it would probably just be a repaint of a couple of buildings, installing some new theming props that can be made off site and new vinyls on the cars.

WillPS and Skyscraper like this.
  14. WillPS

WillPS TowersStreet Member

On the other hand, if it was that simple and was going to happen, wouldn't it have already?

AT86 and Skyscraper like this.
  15. Matt.GC

Matt.GC TowersStreet Member

Perhaps the eventual plan is to remove Driving School?

AT86 likes this.
  16. AT86

AT86 TowersStreet Member

True, although I imagine the biggest cost would be the IP licence to use whatever DW book they have in mind. So until that is signed off the project can’t move forward.

17. Rick

Rick TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Crux
    Would be interesting if they were buying the licence piecemeal like that, you'd have thought those representing DW would want to do it as one, if only because there is almost certainly a clause whereby they can't flog unused properties of his to another park.

18. Danny

Danny Gugu Rides’ Number 1 Fan

Favourite Ride:
    Unknown - Parque dos Elefantes
    I suspect they'd have re-themed the cars already, if it wasn't for the fact they had to fish the loose change out of the back of the sofa for what they already have in place for TWODW.

jon81uk likes this.
  19. jmc

jmc TowersStreet Member

It could well be that the park don’t know what (or if) they will install for 2022. It has been a very uncertain year with restrictions only easing in July, so I can’t imagine Merlin were keen to throw money at an investment that potentially wouldn’t have had optimal returns.

What is clear is that without the Retro Squad there is a huge hole that needs plugging. The queues we have seen over Scarefest likely would have been worse on the coasters, particularly with the different downtimes there is not much to fall back on and things quickly go to pot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jon81uk and JAperson like this.
  20. JAperson

This is my worry. I'm just not sure if they've had much time to add anything. I'm also worried that if they rush they could well end up with something that's really poor which is worse than not adding anything at all.