• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2023: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.

Skyscraper

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Nemesis
Well, now the 2022 season is over attention turns to next season. Will be very strange without Nemesis, but at least we have Duel's retheme and other stuff to keep us occupied. Good times!

I've got MAP but I doubt I will visit many Merlin parks next season - probably a visit to each of Thorpe, CWOA if the new ride is worth a 4 hr drive and AT once or twice. AT is the biggest enigma for me - I'd have 3 rides on each visit I "must" ride and they are Nemesis. Smiler and Wicker Man. Now that's down to 2 - I wouldn't queue over 20 mins for Galactica but that's going to be literally the only coaster up there, not really worth the walk (assuming Skyride has the bad availability it had this year) up for a drop tower (possibly) and a mid range flying coaster that stacks you for 2 mins over people's spittle (yuck). You've got another part of the park with an enjoyable powered coaster that gets stupid queues for what it is and a lazy river ride. So you are left with an area with a coaster that is closed 50 per cent of the time (or so it feels) and a launch coaster thats fun in the front seats. An area with a rattly gerstacher (great ride!) and a dive coaster. Sounds negative but I am really worried about ride queue times without Nemesis and Enterprise presumably both gone and both capable of taking big numbers of people from other queues and I visit with a RAP child (and we all know the problems with that and thet could only get worse next year).

I am looking forward though to Europa, Parc Asterix, Disneyland Paris (?) and Energylandia!

I have the same concerns about queue times especially as each event seems to be getting bigger. Alton needs more rides, a new coaster, a dark ride and some support rides. A plus is the entertainment is fantastic,but that doesn't help with wait times. Clear Merlin over subscribe the parks, for me no queue should be bigger than an hour. Had 5 good vists this year hoping of a repeat in 2023

Duel has a high capacity that has essentially been wasted for years as it didn’t attract enough guests to soak up that many people.

The fact it will become a much bigger draw in 2023 should help with soaking up some of the lost capacity from Nemesis.

Duel has a high capacity that has essentially been wasted for years as it didn’t attract enough guests to soak up that many people.

The fact it will become a much bigger draw in 2023 should help with soaking up some of the lost capacity from Nemesis.
That's true - lets hope they make a really special job of Duel - let's face it anything over 20 mins for how it was 2022 was enough

Will be even higher if the middle seats return (no blasters)!

To avoid repeated discussion, please continue to use the 2022 topic for the time being, and then the individual topics for discussion about specific new additions. We still have the Run Alton Towers event and the park's 2022 Winter event before a 2023 topic is warranted.

As was previously the case a while back, General Discussion topics will be created by the team. This will allow us to properly summarise what's coming up during the season to kick discussion off. Thanks.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.