• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2023: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
My brick used to have an antenna on it, barely fit in my pocket and used to be limited to 10 texts per day.

50 quid? Seriously? I'm tempted to buy one to slag the place off. "Thanks for running my childhood happy place into the ground Merlin" or something like that I should put.

Don't the summer months usually involve a whole load of teenagers making their "mark on the park" for only the cost of a cheap Bic biro? Sure, it'll only be in the Rita or Oblivion queue lines rather than the entrance plaza. But at least it's virtually free and has a far better chance of still being there in 5 years time.

My brick used to have an antenna on it, barely fit in my pocket and used to be limited to 10 texts per day.

50 quid? Seriously? I'm tempted to buy one to slag the place off. "Thanks for running my childhood happy place into the ground Merlin" or something like that I should put.

Don't the summer months usually involve a whole load of teenagers making their "mark on the park" for only the cost of a cheap Bic biro? Sure, it'll only be in the Rita or Oblivion queue lines rather than the entrance plaza. But at least it's virtually free and has a far better chance of still being there in 5 years time.
They're £35, not £50.

School trips fortnight / 3 weeks in July - I think sharpie pens are what the teenagers favour. Small & pretty permanent marking. About £3 for a two-pack.

They fade in about a month in sunlight...
Can't work out my plant labels!
So when I read "Rob has a massive *****" on the Thirteen queue line fence it wasn't referring to you? Some good solid all weather marker pens on order for your birthday I think. For the plants of course......

Had a great day on park today, operations generally good and low queues on everything. Only downside was Smiler and Oblivion must have had five or 6 periods of downtime for wind, despite the fact it felt like a pretty calm day weather wise. Is this a relatively new precaution?

Had a great day on park today, operations generally good and low queues on everything. Only downside was Smiler and Oblivion must have had five or 6 periods of downtime for wind, despite the fact it felt like a pretty calm day weather wise. Is this a relatively new precaution?
Since the incident in 2015. They're extra cautious about it and quite rightly too. And it's the [potential] gusts at the highest points that determine whether they close them so it could be a slight breeze at ground level but stronger winds and gusts at the top of Oblivion (I think that's where it's measured for both rides)

TPW have a video tommorow with Biannca the ops director. Talking to her about park presentation, food, ops. Will be interesting to see
I was initially critical of wether this would reveal anything when @Ethan mentioned it, but after now hearing what he said in his construction update I’m actually excited to hear what she has to say.

Since the incident in 2015. They're extra cautious about it and quite rightly too. And it's the [potential] gusts at the highest points that determine whether they close them so it could be a slight breeze at ground level but stronger winds and gusts at the top of Oblivion (I think that's where it's measured for both rides)
Makes sense. It was only short periods of downtime but definitely understand their caution.

Neither ride will operate in gusts over 32mph now, in case you were wondering.
X-Sector is very sheltered from wind at ground level due to trees on one side, the towers on the other and generally being in a bit of a ditch, but the occasional strong gust does break through.
Tops of the trees are good giveaway as to how windy it really is.

I was initially critical of wether this would reveal anything when @Ethan mentioned it, but after now hearing what he said in his construction update I’m actually excited to hear what she has to say.
Unlikely that much will be said publicly though. She’s hardly going to say, “Aramark are a bunch of thieving gits and we’re going to get rid”! It’s going to be much more likely she’ll say something like, settling in period, it’s a big park, varied customer tastes, inflation, covid, yadda yadda… and just apply that excuse to anything Shawn brings up.
That doesn’t mean there aren’t frank conversations happening behind closed doors. I can’t imagine Aramark’s KPIs are green at the moment so long as everyone is filing in the (not) happy sheets on the iPads. Although, if poor KPI result in reduced payments things will get much worse before they get better. We are not the customers in this - just the end user.

It’s going to be much more likely she’ll say something like, settling in period, it’s a big park, varied customer tastes, inflation, covid, yadda yadda… and just apply that excuse to anything Shawn brings up.
You literally pre-empted what she actually said, particularly about the settling in period.
I'm going to be quite negative, as a whole, I'm not really sure what I make of her answers to most of the questions he asked, particularly regarding the Retro Squad.

He definitely asked the right questions and some of the answers are positive but the majority of what she has said seemed to me to be marketing spiel. Obviously I never expected her to be too revealing but there wasn’t too much in there to give me that much hope. I get the idea the park want to do certain things but are restricted by Merlin.

He definitely asked the right questions and some of the answers are positive but the majority of what she has said seemed to me to be marketing spiel. Obviously I never expected her to be too revealing but there wasn’t too much in there to give me that much hope. I get the idea the park want to do certain things but are restricted by Merlin.
Pretty much sums up my thoughts exactly.
It also looks like all the Mardi Gras floats are being set up on the same pathway, which is something I dont know how much I like.

Got to be honest watching that video was quite frustrating. Credit to Shaun he asked all the right questions and I was interested to see what the response would be. The responses ended up being very generic and predictable tbh. Whilst I appreciate the passion Bianca has which is great to see, she basically says throughout the video they're aware of the issues and they'll get round to it at some point. For example regarding the retro squad I feel the question just wasn't answered. Bianca says 'I here the feedback and appreciate what people say' but nothing really in depth. I wish she was more critical so we know that she feels the same as we do, that these Retro rides really need to go now, and unfortunately she doesn't really say much other than 'we're looking into it'. The presentation of the park is another issue that isn't really addressed, Biacana says that they prioritise things and will look to work on things in the future, but to me they need to be working on presentation right now. As many on this forum have rightly said, The smiler is looking pretty tired and needs a clean and unfortunately years of neglect have led to this. These things take time and won't be a quick fix so they really should be sorting out the presentation of their rides as soon as possible.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.