• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2023: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Hotel room rates have fallen, most certainly. There are lots of nights where rooms are £200 or less based on 4 sharing, with the discount. This was nearly £300 at the start of the season.

MAP discount has also increased to 25%. All of this combined means that MAP rates at the hotels are back to a level that we saw previously.

Good.

Hotel room rates have fallen, most certainly. There are lots of nights where rooms are £200 or less based on 4 sharing, with the discount. This was nearly £300 at the start of the season.

MAP discount has also increased to 25%. All of this combined means that MAP rates at the hotels are back to a level that we saw previously.

Good.

It is good but also suggests the rooms are not selling…

Maybe Merlin will realise that if you provide shite people won’t pay?

FwvaJRNWYAEH74-

That top middle packet of crisps encapsulates exactly how everyone feels after seeing them priced at £1.75

Last edited:
The overall presentation of things like this is really where they fall behind places like Paultons and Drayton Manor. It’s only the ride hardware they have that keep the place on top! But this complacency will bite them on the arse soon if they aren’t careful. Do the simple things well and the rest will follow.

Thing is, Towers has its faults and is far from perfect, but when one of the roaming actors rides with the guests on The Curse and the Entertainment team allows someone to wave the flag for some of the parade and dance along with them until the end, then that is what sets Towers apart from the rest of the competition. Credit where credit is due.

Watch from here until 10:25, then here until 38:38 and then here until the end.
Taken from

Thing is, Towers has its faults and is far from perfect, but when one of the roaming actors rides with the guests on The Curse and the Entertainment team allows someone to wave the flag for some of the parade and dance along with them until the end, then that is what sets Towers apart from the rest of the competition. Credit where credit is due.

Watch from here until 10:25, then here until 38:38 and then here until the end.
Taken from

And the fact that one of the Gangsta Granny actors chased them around the area

Unfortunately, years of neglect, not maintaining the presentation of the park and letting things rot leaves Towers in a position now where it will take serious amounts of cash to get the park looking up to scratch.

I find it perplexing how much certain areas are left to get the state they are in. Galactica looks like something you would find in one of those ‘this theme park was abandoned 20 years ago’ videos, and The Smiler is in an atrocious state. Given its history, you would think this would be the one ride they want looking vaguely clean and inviting.

I can't see anything being done unless these new management teams change how Merlin/Towers has worked for the last decade. If change is a foot, we’re likely in the long run here.

And the fact that one of the Gangsta Granny actors chased them around the area
Yeah I forgot to mention that one! That was funny, and she noticed them in the parade as well! The gravedigger actually digging a hole in The Curse queue is a nice touch too.

Merlin when VR is no longer relevant
38yapg.jpg
The state of air currently is appalling, it looks like they just reactivated a ride that's been SBNO for over a decade without even giving it a sweep. I could say this to most of the park honestly at this point.
TBF, this could be a trend for every theme park that added VR to a ride when the technology was all the rage some years ago.

But yeah, the presentation level on the park is a disgrace and I have no clue if blame is leveled at either Merlin for not caring about upkeep, those on the park itself for thinking they are too big to fail or maybe both. Either way they have only themselves to blame for all this.

I dread to know the full cost to restore all the attractions and other areas of the park to a suitable state in terms of presentation...

I think, that ATR are doing what they did to duel to Galacticair which is sad to see because the ride is amazing so I do hope that they do fix it up for the 2024 season.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.