• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2023: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I'll agree with you about the place. I love it and always have since I was a nipper. It has this unique magic about it that no other park I've ever visited does. Not by modern design, but by absolute beauty. It's the kind of place I'd love to spend a summer's day and late evening just walking around, exploring and sitting down as the sun goes down drinking a few pints.

It's actually what makes me give it the hard time that I do. There was a time when this jewel of a place was treated as such, but it's just owned by the wrong company. You get the feeling that there's passionate people who work there that understand this, they're just tied down by a business that seem to want to ride on the coat tails of the parks historic pedigree and brand and treat it like it's another midway, Thorpe or Chessington but with hedge trimmers. Other parks in other countries try to build gardens and lakes from scratch, spend millions on Fibreglass structures and try to hide their rides from other areas of the park and the outside world. Yet this is all already built in to Towers by design before a single support for any ride was ever constructed all those decades ago.

My mum tells me how hanging and fat I look everytime she sees me. She doesn't do it to to offend me, as she puts it "I had this beautiful, healthy 10lb baby 40 years ago". Granted, I never pushed Towers out of my body at 20 years old, but you hopefully get the love "wanting the best" point.

Blower users stopping as guests go past, they have to, it's the law, not just good manners...noise and risk of hitting people with debris...one of the best bits of the job!

Because half the park is shut due to some issue or other that they aren’t really being very forthcoming about.
Half the park? Think you're being generous there it's about 85% of the park. Feel bad for towers tho they'll get a lot of stick but it wasn't their fault its just unlucky

I must say, I was rather confused when I looked at my phone this morning while eating my breakfast to see this notification from Alton Towers:
B1901259-CCA3-441A-83D4-F1F2206D58CF.png
I appreciate the gesture, but seeing as I’m in Florida, I don’t know why Alton Towers think I’m at their park today…

I must say, I was rather confused when I looked at my phone this morning while eating my breakfast to see this notification from Alton Towers:
B1901259-CCA3-441A-83D4-F1F2206D58CF.png
I appreciate the gesture, but seeing as I’m in Florida, I don’t know why Alton Towers think I’m at their park today…
Everyone with the app has received it. They probably thought it was just easier to send an app notification, forgetting that not everyone with it will be at the park today. They would have been better off sending an email to those with bookings for today.

Everyone with the app has received it. They probably thought it was just easier to send an app notification, forgetting that not everyone with it will be at the park today. They would have been better off sending an email to those with bookings for today.
Wait a second..
That means I have a free ticket??!!

There’s pictures circulating on FB and Twitter of a tree that’s been blown to pieces near the stage on the front grass, probably the lightning strike that’s been mentioned as being the cause of this outage..
This is the pic doing the rounds of the aforementioned tree. Building in the background looks like the golf hole-in-one shack I think?
353060841_10160450767451488_2688365268600744193_n.jpg351313499_10160450766981488_2213463216471705473_n.jpg
Credit: Merlin Annual Passholders Group

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.