• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2023: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Had a great day at AT today. Wasn’t overly busy, but ride downtime did seem to push queue times up on other rides. We still did well though ride count as follows:
Wickerman x2
Alty Mans x3
RMT
CRR
Kids did driving school x2
Thirteen
Also had a walk round sharkbait reef to shelter from the rain.

My partner reckons something hit him on the head as Rita passed over us in the Thirteen queue. No idea what, must have been a small item though not a phone or anything like that and he wasn’t badly hurt fortunately, more shocked than anything. Rita is looking very dirty.

CRR is so much better with the waterfalls working. Thoroughly enjoyed our ride on it today. “Please remain seated” is repeated on the soundtrack far too much though, it’s a bit excessive.

Alton Manor sits firmly as my number 1 UK dark ride. Nice to see them looking after it, although I know it’s still early days. Didn’t notice any effects not working today. The actors in Gloomy Wood were brilliant.

There was one incident today which we found upsetting, and it wasn’t anything to do with Towers staff, operations or anything like that, it was something another guest did. There was a duckling and its mother walking around the mutiny bay courtyard looking for scraps whilst we were sat eating our picnic. At one point a teenage girl on a nearby table decided to pick the duckling up which made the mother duck incredibly distressed, the adults on the table with her found her actions hilarious rather than telling her off, she then practically threw the duckling to the ground, maybe it bit or pooped on her (deserved imo), but it was horrible to witness. The ducks then left the area which was a shame as it’s lovely to see them, especially the babies up close. But when guests treat them like that they won’t want to be around us. Horrible the way some people treat animals.

Aside from that one incident we really enjoyed our day after a not visiting for a couple of months. Although I am really missing Hex and Skyride now so I hope they can both open up soon. No sign of testing of Skyride from what I saw today.

Had a great day at AT today. Wasn’t overly busy, but ride downtime did seem to push queue times up on other rides. We still did well though ride count as follows:
Wickerman x2
Alty Mans x3
RMT
CRR
Kids did driving school x2
Thirteen
Also had a walk round sharkbait reef to shelter from the rain.

My partner reckons something hit him on the head as Rita passed over us in the Thirteen queue. No idea what, must have been a small item though not a phone or anything like that and he wasn’t badly hurt fortunately, more shocked than anything. Rita is looking very dirty.

CRR is so much better with the waterfalls working. Thoroughly enjoyed our ride on it today. “Please remain seated” is repeated on the soundtrack far too much though, it’s a bit excessive.

Alton Manor sits firmly as my number 1 UK dark ride. Nice to see them looking after it, although I know it’s still early days. Didn’t notice any effects not working today. The actors in Gloomy Wood were brilliant.

There was one incident today which we found upsetting, and it wasn’t anything to do with Towers staff, operations or anything like that, it was something another guest did. There was a duckling and its mother walking around the mutiny bay courtyard looking for scraps whilst we were sat eating our picnic. At one point a teenage girl on a nearby table decided to pick the duckling up which made the mother duck incredibly distressed, the adults on the table with her found her actions hilarious rather than telling her off, she then practically threw the duckling to the ground, maybe it bit or pooped on her (deserved imo), but it was horrible to witness. The ducks then left the area which was a shame as it’s lovely to see them, especially the babies up close. But when guests treat them like that they won’t want to be around us. Horrible the way some people treat animals.

Aside from that one incident we really enjoyed our day after a not visiting for a couple of months. Although I am really missing Hex and Skyride now so I hope they can both open up soon. No sign of testing of Skyride from what I saw today.
The ducks in the park do get a bit of a rough deal sadly. Last time I was there there was a lovely family of a mum and several ducklings but people were feeding them all sorts of rubbish including fries; I made a point by giving them proper duck food as I usually carry some! I don't think it would stretch for the park to put some signage around informing people to give them space and what they should and shouldn't feed them.

I saw they'd hired a new social media and content person on LinkedIn earlier this week - you can clearly tell they've now started...

1689676736524.png

The top comments don't make for the best reading, however.

From TowersStreet's FB page, a free sun cream cart has been positioned on Towers Street. Most notably, the text on it appears to be 3D; not a full Leek Signs 2D vinyl job!

361644368_264213539572176_2790428252423961042_n.jpg

Going back to the marketing, I have to wonder if they are deliberately trying to be cringey:
From: https://www.facebook.com/reel/302325325571628?s=yWDuG2&fs=e

That particular text to speech generator is massively overused on TikTok (often if the creator deems their own voice to be unsuitable) and is widely considered annoying.
Edit: added screenshot as Facebook isn't playing ball for everyone, the video is literally an exchange between them about a short break offer at Alton Towers with a joke about the lack of fresh air in their city.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230721-180428.png
    Screenshot_20230721-180428.png
    777 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Going back to the marketing, I have to wonder if they are deliberately trying to be cringey:
From: https://www.facebook.com/reel/302325325571628?s=yWDuG2&fs=e

That particular text to speech generator is massively overused on TikTok (often if the creator deems their own voice to be unsuitable) and is widely considered annoying.
Edit: added screenshot as Facebook isn't playing ball for everyone, the video is literally an exchange between them about a short break offer at Alton Towers with a joke about the lack of fresh air in their city.

I have noticed the change in tone of their social media lately, I get what angle they are going for and it will probably work to some degree, but I dislike it intensely. Instantly cheapens the brand somewhat in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
Just got back from my annual Towers trip. They had people practicing dance routines on stage yesterday so definitely entertainment is returning soon.

And for what it’s worth I thought the park was looking quite fresh, all the staff were very friendly, and I enjoyed all the food I ate on park (Woodcutters and some Nachos and and an ice cream at Curse) and didn’t think it was outrageously priced. From the entrance at the monorail station (which was clean and felt magical with the music playing) to Towers Street everything was clean.

Managed to get on all the rides and thought operations were good. Really enjoyed the rapids with all the changes, LOVED Curse - went on it four times! And I also thought Sub Terra was excellent. Certainly made my wife scream a lot.

I think you guys can be a bit harsh on this place!

Looks like entertainment on the front lawns resumes today for the summer holidays and they are going for a ‘summer festival’ theme. Show times have been added to the app.

IMG_5271.jpeg

Edit: a morning street party on Towers St has also been added to the app.

Last edited:
Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.